Author Topic: NDR (kinda): Kennel/cattery in Denver?  (Read 1916 times)

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
NDR (kinda): Kennel/cattery in Denver?
« on: November 19, 2008, 05:40:17 am »
We are moving to Denver from NC next month. I'm trying to find a place to keep my two cats while we move. One cat needs daily medication, so I'm thinking an animal hospital/vet, or a kennel where they are willing to pill a cat.

(We will be driving cross-country with the two kids and two dogs, but the cats will be less stressed to fly there and be kenneled, even if they go alone).

Anyone have any recommendation for a particular vet who boards cats in the Denver area? We will be moving to Aurora, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Tracy
Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

DenverFurKiddos

Re: NDR (kinda): Kennel/cattery in Denver?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 05:52:24 am »
Congrats on your upcoming move to Denver!  You're going to love it out there!!!  I never had to kennel my boys when I lived out there, but we did go to the vet hospital, Alameda East.  It's in Aurora, so it should be close to you.  Alameda East is a top-notch vet hospital- and the location where that emergency vet show is filmed.  The Animal Lodge (Kennel/cattery) is affiliated with Alameda East.  I took a look at it one time (it's also a doggie daycare and training facility), and the accomodations were great.  

Good luck!

Offline Jas2Cats

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • All my babies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: NDR (kinda): Kennel/cattery in Denver?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:21:19 am »
Hi Tracy~!  My Sister lives in Aurora.  When she travels, she boards her dogs at their Vet's, Alameda East (you know, the one on Discovery Channel).  Her cat usually just stays home, but, I'm pretty sure they board cats there too.
Alyce

Woody  (aka Big Dog) (12 1/2) Shorthaired Laberaimer (1/2 German Shorthair, 1/4 Lab, 1/4 Weimaraimer)
Maple (aka Princess Poo) (7 1/2) Boxer/ GS mix
Fuzzy (15 1/2)long haired tabby cat
Trouble & Double 3 1/2 year old African Leopard Tortoises.
Ed (17+) and Cris (13+) skin kids