Author Topic: St. Bern (appears PB) in Bakersfield CA Shelter needs out immediately  (Read 11119 times)

Offline Sherry

• Gnawer
    • View Profile

Got a call from the Shelter Rescue coordinator today (Heidi; 661-868-7131) that the roughly 3yo St. they have there they are not going to put up for adoption.  This big boy is beautiful.  If he is not out by SAT (4/9) will be pts.  They safer test here, and dog is a little too shy to pass, but she said that he was not a biter... hand shy as though he had been abused.  Dog is a smoothcoated St.

This dog is gorgeous.

You can see him by going here:  http://www.co.kern.ca.us/acd/lost1.asp (cut and paste into browser)

Then, click on dog, large... he is at the bottom of the first page.

This DOG - ID#A359014

I am a male, white and red stbernardsmoot h mix.

The shelter thinks I am about 3 years old.

I have been at the shelter since Mar 31, 2005.
This information is 1 hour old. 
Back To List For more information about this animal, call:
Kern County Animal Control - Bakersfield Shelter at (661) 868-7125
Ask for information about animal ID number A359014.

Dog CAN be transported from Bakersfield to L.A./Orange County on SAT 4/9.

Please contact Sherry, canyon53ss @ yahoo.com (remove two spaces) if you are a st. rescue and can help.  He does not have much time...

Sherry 

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: St. Bern (appears PB) in Bakersfield CA Shelter needs out immediately
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 08:11:59 pm »
Any news on the dog?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Sherry

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 11:37:04 pm »
;D

The dog is safely in rescue.  Thank you for asking!  Nice boy, too...

Sherry

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 09:34:37 am »
 ;D So glad to hear that, what rescue is he with?? And do you know how it turned out with the shyness?? Working in rescue myself, both dog and cat, and it is soooo rewarding when things work and a dog or cat gets to get a new lease on life. Mind you, a lot of the times it is awfully depressing. But the good times makes it all worth while. Congrats to a nice rescue.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jenncotton

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 11:03:46 am »
I am so glad to know he ended up in rescue. . . .

We adopted our first Saint from a shelter where they were not going to adopt him out because of shyness issues. We had to beg and plead and sign a release form. He was just depressed. As soon as we got him home his real personality started to shine through.

Offline brat

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 03:58:00 pm »
 :)  Had to comment....mos t of the furries who have ever owned me were rescue (including the current bratdog who was born in the pound!)and yes..she KNOWS she is adored..just a little...rofl) ...IF I still had the room I would take them all in.....and yes...that IS a future goal...makes me mad and soooooo sad what people do to the precious furries...one little terrier I got from the pound was terrified of loud noises.would run in a closet whenever she was scared.. BUT she DID learn to play and trust me and my daughter (she hated little boys - that told me a story!) and adored our shep/husky...I won't even begin to tell you stories of all the cats who made it to our house over the years....such loves...the expression "if they could only talk"????  Their behaviour tells it all..God bless them...but I was humbled to be with our terrier(and all the rest of our furry family) right to the end.....with love and trust...they deserve no less....good on you ALL for rescuing each and every one of them.. We do what we can..... :-*