Author Topic: I might Have a Sad Problem  (Read 10966 times)

Offline einalem

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I might Have a Sad Problem
« on: November 26, 2008, 05:14:19 pm »
As we all know, I have an Akita. And I'm moving back home with my mom and she doesn't like him because he is a large breed. He stays outside but he like to dig and she hates that. There is a chance I am going to have to give him away. I was hoping soneone on the website might be kind enought to take care of my baby. my mom won't compromise on the situation. Please let me know. Please take care of my baby I love him soo much. It hurts just to write this. please let me know, send me an personal message.
I love my boys:
Shoda -> Akita
Russell -> Chihuahua Pomeranian
Nemo -> My cat

And the new member of the family,
Lady -> Pomeranian

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: I might Have a Sad Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 05:18:50 pm »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

I am sorry to hear that your mom won't let you bring him home. I have been there before and that was many years ago and i still think about the dog. I wish you the best in finding a wonderful forever home for him! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 03:10:03 am »
I'm so sorry!

I know how hard this is for you. Maybe if your mom got to know your boy better? Is she afraid of him? Could you ask your mom to try it for awhile?

Offline einalem

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 03:10:31 pm »
my mom has been attacked by a large dog when she was younger. then shoda has bitten her boyfriends. he just went in the yard and started petting him, i think shoda was just doing his job and guarding. then my mom got a toy pomeranian and was attacked by two pits last month. so she doesnt like shoda because he is big. i tried talking her into just giving him a small section of the yard and she doesn't like the idea. she does like the idea of him being on a leash with a dog house cause she feels bad when it rains. i'm going back in about ten days for the xmas break. we will see what will happen then as to what she decides.
I love my boys:
Shoda -> Akita
Nemo -> My cat

Lady -> Pomeranian

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 04:05:01 pm »
I wish you luck in figuring out a solution. That has to be hard. Wishing you the best.

jesday

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 04:19:09 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about your baby. If you find you absolutely have to rehome him, maybe this site can give you some guidelines and help.

http://www.akitarescue.com/Placing%20your%20Akita.htm

Have you contacted the breeder? Many of them would want the dog back if you can't keep him or may be in contact with people who specifically want an Akita.

Good luck.

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 07:17:42 am »
What about obedience classes. Maybe a completed certificate would make a difference. I know people treat Tink different knowing all the training she has completed. People assume large breed dogs are not always under control. It is worth a shot.
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 09:56:35 am »
How old is Shoda?  How much training has he had?  Hopefully things will get better over the holiday's; maybe ya'll can come up with a compromise.  Good luck, let us know what if anything changes.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline einalem

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 09:50:39 am »
Shoda completed the beginning course at Petsmart. He is almost two years old. I got Shoda at Puppy Palace, aka a dog store. I really don't think they will take him back. I wonder what they do with the dogs who are not pups anymore...I'm hoping she will agree to him roaming one blocked off section of the yard but she doesn't like the idea. I don't like the idea of having him on a leash all day and night. He doesn't do much except dig, chew and sleep. ::) I'm really hoping we can come up with something cause I don't know if I can give him away.
I love my boys:
Shoda -> Akita
Nemo -> My cat

Lady -> Pomeranian

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 10:11:17 am »
Is Shoda neutered? If he is not, I highly recommend going through a rescue group if you plan to rehome him. Finding a new home for a purebred dog can be tricky... some people say they want to adopt a pet and it turns out they are actually looking for a dog to use for breeding. :-[

Also, re-homing a dog with a history of biting people (no matter what his reason was) could potentially get you in trouble. I am not trying to scare you, I am just being honest. Hopefully you can keep him and work on his issues, but otherwise he should only go to a home with serious dog experience. Seriously.

Best of luck to you and please be careful with placing him in a new home if that's what ends up happening.

Offline einalem

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »
Okay, thank you for the information. I appreciate it and no it does not scare me. I have until fall next year to figure out a way to make my mom keep him. So I am not tooo worried anymore, she has to see that I love him the way she loves her new dag, Lady
I love my boys:
Shoda -> Akita
Nemo -> My cat

Lady -> Pomeranian