Author Topic: And now THIS?  (Read 4704 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
And now THIS?
« on: December 02, 2008, 02:49:45 am »
So you may have read my post earlier this week about Harley squating and piddling in my family room in front of my husband and myself for no reason, we were home and sitting in the same room, he had been out about 1/2 hour before he was just being naughty!!

Well yesterday, he decided to take my sons play station game and chew it.  My son wasn't very happy - of course, as a good doggie Mom I blamed it on my son for leaving his game within Harleys reach (although Harley doesn't generally chew so it has never been an issue)

My baby is turning back into a puppy!!  Maybe because I was looking at puppies at PetSmart the other day (rescue puppies) he is trying to remind me how much work a puppy really is!!

Randy

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: And now THIS?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:52:15 am »
Are you stressed about the holidays or something else? Maybe he's picking up on your stress and acting out.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 10:27:37 am »
I would agree--get Harley some extra exercise to burn off some of his mischief energy! Tipper, my 9 year old, has started to rip up the recycling when I leave the house--I have started putting a doggie backpack with canned goods on him for our walks to help him burn off that energy and it seems to be helping.
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 10:33:34 am »
they do pick up on stress.  any break in their schedule is stresful.  Grace acts out if I forget one little part of our day.  Today even, when I got home, we went outside and I tried to keep her from bouncing in the snow on her bad leg, I set up my work laptop and started to finish a file I had to get done.  I ran to the powder room for a second, got a bowl of noodles for lunch and let her clean the bowl.  i looked the other way for a second and she took her poo bags and ran off into the bedroom to shred them.  I forgot to give her a ton of lovin' like she likes when i come home from the "office".