Author Topic: Look who's home  (Read 6850 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Look who's home
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 01:52:30 pm »
Thanks for asking!  Grace is doing well.  Yes, she's miffed about not being about to jump onto the bed or couch for 30 days and not being able to run in the snow.  We are both camping out on the pile of pillows on the living room floor.  It's only fair to her that I am camping out with her.  The downside is that she is up at 4 am in the mornings now waking me with a shrill whine at the bedroom door, which I have closed.  She really misses her bed.
Her incision is scabbing up nicely.  There are under the skin and desolvable staples with skin glue holding the incision together.  No going back in 2 weeks to have staples removed.
Her appetite is remarkable.  She loves her new food, but hates not getting people food.  It does smell awful coming back out from either end.  The gas is really bad. And she is toying with the idea of putting weight on her leg already.  She's perky and has a great attitude.  Tomorrow might be different since I have to leave home to work tomorrow.  On the upside, it's going to be one of those weeks where I don't have to leave home often.
Overall, this time has been better.  Maybe it's because she is an ole pro at ACL surgery or maybe it's because she knows she'll feel a lot better after this is all over.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:04:52 pm by Lin »

Viking Lady

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 02:04:45 pm »
Thank goodness things are going ok. Your camping looks cozy and sweet. I look forward to the day I can lie on the floor with Luke without him stepping on my head.

Good to hear from you.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 02:05:52 pm »
OMD I loooove that third picture!!!!!!! :-*

Thanks.  Grace is all about the tongue

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 02:06:54 pm »
Thank goodness things are going ok. Your camping looks cozy and sweet. I look forward to the day I can lie on the floor with Luke without him stepping on my head.

Good to hear from you.
Camping isn't so bad.  But I too look forward to the day when I can sleep with this dog without getting kicked in the head.  :)  I've gotten a few battle wounds this week.   That head of hers is really hard.

Icerotti

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 02:19:33 pm »
Grace you are so pretty! Glad to hear you are in good spirits Grace  :-*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 07:50:03 am »
thanks!  that dog is going to drive me nuts.  She bolted out of her cage to get her cone off this morning when I got home from working and then RAN outside where she spun and jumpped in the snow.  I'mrunning behind her telling her to stop and walk slowly.  Now she's boycotting going potty.  We can't wait till this 30 days is over. 

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 08:35:49 am »
Yup 30 days is going to drive you nuts for sure but I'm so glad all is going well. I loved the 3rd pic too. What a sweety she is.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties