Author Topic: Silly Fargo....  (Read 6815 times)

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Silly Fargo....
« on: December 08, 2008, 03:19:15 pm »
If you read my pleas for housebreaking help then you know that Fargo is back in the crate when we can't supervise him.  Every morning he gets a frozen peanut butter kong when he goes into the crate - which he loves!

Tonight we opened a fresh jar of peanut butter and the second he smelled it he took off running!  We found him sitting in his crate waiting for his treat!   ;D

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

KBNewf

Re: Silly Fargo....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:16:48 am »
Good job Fargo! At least your baby likes peanut butter, the kong with PB doesn't work cuz Koda doesn't like it! Knucklehead is still whining in his crate at night sometimes...ar gh.  ???  But Fargo's sounds like he's doing awesome :)

yellow_dog_mom

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 02:34:30 am »
Oh Fargo, Jack & Koda, you boys are always so silly! ;D

My girls are the same. They know the sound of the ceramic dog treat jar. Puppy Greta is so smart--she knows *easy* indicates that Margaret *aka jaws* is getting a treat and she flies into the kitchen.

I have a walk in pantry and I can block the big girls from barging inside with me, but Greta (FOR THIS SECOND in TIME) is still small enough to scoot between my legs. Her little face/eyes are so animated in anticipation of something good :-*  :-* I can't scold her..I just love that white fluff ball :-*
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:37:25 am by yellow_dog_mom »

Tonda

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 04:03:40 am »
Tonight we opened a fresh jar of peanut butter and the second he smelled it he took off running!  We found him sitting in his crate waiting for his treat!   ;D

ROFLOL! That's too cute.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:30:06 am »

Yep the minute she's see PB she runs for her crate in the morning. It makes me laugh everytime too!!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 02:22:51 pm »
Patty - You too?  We open the pantry door just wide enough to squeeze in and use our feet to keep the dogs at bay!   :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 02:24:18 pm by Ursa »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 02:35:44 pm »
If you read my pleas for housebreaking help then you know that Fargo is back in the crate when we can't supervise him.  Every morning he gets a frozen peanut butter kong when he goes into the crate - which he loves!

That sounds like a magic wand to me.  Wave the peanut butter and he'll be at your beck and call. :)  I see a peanut butter coated good boy in the making.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 04:08:09 pm »
If that works Lin I'll be marketing peanut butter scented air freshener.  No more bad dogs the JIF way!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 07:58:18 am »
That's so cute!  I can just picture him waiting for his treat!

Sierra and Cody know the sound of the treat jar and also the freezer door.  They both love ice cubes.  Our freezer is on the bottom of our fridge so, when it is opened, both dogs shove their heads in and try to help themselves to the ice cubes.  I dread the day Sierra figures out how to open it herself.  I'll never trust an ice cube from in there again.  Slobber freezes too!
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer