Author Topic: The joys of working at home with a dog  (Read 5094 times)

lins_saving_grace

The joys of working at home with a dog
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:06:46 am »
so I had to call a client in Detroit about an access easement on a nasty commercial file that will not go away.  I rarely have to talk to clients and Grace sees that as the perfect time to try to sneek on the couch.  I have 2 otomans on the couch so she can't get up, but she tried to push them aside.  I tried pointing and snapping and reaching to poke her bottom because my cell phone is plugged in and I'm not too mobile.  Finally, I had to say, don't get on the couch, and he says, "But I'm not on the couch."  I had to explain she had surgery and can't jump and she tries again.   he was real nice about it and we talked about that new movie Marley and Me and his dogs that his wife talked him into getting after he finally had a house with no kids and no dogs.  Grace settled down and passed out on the floor right under my chair. 
I love working from home really.  Normally, without Grace having had surgery and needing a lot of help and attention, it can be distracting.
The vet's office called and checked in on her.  They said the one time she sneeked up on the bed wouldn't hurt anything (she rammed open the bedroom door while I was in the shower) and that her running and bouncing in the snow today (which she did because she was excited about getting out of her hood) probably wasn't a bad thing.  It's ok that she's trying to put weight on it and that it sounds like she's healing nicely.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: The joys of working at home with a dog
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 09:09:13 am »
She is the same Grace I remember hearing stories about a year ago.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 09:13:30 am »
She is the same Grace I remember hearing stories about a year ago.
LOL.  you're right!  she's decided she's fine and has lifted her restrictions.  She gives me that obstinate look when I tell her no and whines when I lock her out of the bedroom.  The mean things I'm doing like making her sleep on the floor are so beneath her.  And we so need to talk about the ban on people food I've levied.  She'll be fine in 27 days.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 01:57:35 pm »
she's really mad at me today.  turned into an 11 hour day.  She teased me by licking her leg and making me bonk her on the head, wondering around looking at the bedroom door, and whining and glaring at me all night too.

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 02:29:13 pm »
I always heard when patients get grumpy they are getting better. Sounds like a good sign.