Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Restless

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Hi there
« on: December 16, 2008, 04:50:52 am »
I am the proud owner(I don,t know who owns whom) of a 5 month old New Foundland pup, Gibsons Finest.  I have a few questions. My pup is a silver grey, I thought this is normal but is it? I realized this morning when out of our walk that I could not control this pup if he decided to go. We live in the country so there is no people or animals around.

Tonda

Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 04:54:09 am »
Welcome to the board! Grey is a normal color for a Newfie, so don't worry about that. And while your pupper is hard to control now, with just a little work, he'll heel like a champ. Newfs are VERY smart and VERY eager to please.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 08:07:22 am »
Welcome to BPO. You're going to get loads of experienced advice from all the newfie owners here for sure. Send lots of pics of that sweet kid!!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

AudgePadge

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:36:40 am »
YES! I LOVE the Newfie puppies!!

Welcome, I'm Audrey, and the brats are in my sig! and...we LOVE pics here!  :D LOTS of PICS!!!!

I've always wanted a fluffy puppy, so...I live vicariously through everyone else's pictures!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:06:37 am »
Hello and welcome!  Hope you enjoy it here.  Gibson is adorable!  I'm sure with some training he will be walking on leash just fine.  Good idea for them to learn that even if you do live in the country with no neighbors.

My name is Chris, and my crew consists of keiko, my husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers and a slew of other critters as well.  ;)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 11:13:04 am »
hi and welcome. i know very little about newfs, but i do know they are gorgeous. So be sure to share lots of photos
Im Jo and my babies are in the siggie below
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 12:05:42 pm »
Welcome to the board.  I have to agree with Jo.  My crew is listed below but just wanted to welcome you to the board.  I live vicariously through everyone's fluffy pups.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience