Author Topic: An aunt shops for a Pyr  (Read 5683 times)

Viking Lady

An aunt shops for a Pyr
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:35:54 pm »
I talked to my sister tonight, down in Tuscaloosa. She was telling me that, while Christmas shopping, she stopped in a store that sold cards and calendars, etc. She found a calendar that had Pyrenees dogs on it. (I must mention that she is enamored with Luke, but can't have a dog due to hubby's allergies) The guy working in the store saw what she was looking at and asked if she had a GP. She explained that I (her sister)did and he said that he had a female that was 7 months old. They shared stories for a few minutes and then she asked if he could recommend a gift for her "nephew, Luke" for Christmas. He said that at this point his girl's favorite thing was the boards on his fence. She pulls them off and chews on them. I had told her about Luke pulling a plank off our fence!

Her point in calling me was to say that his dog did all the mischievious things that Luke did and, yet, she had never seen a guy so madly in love with his dog.

It reminded me of when I called the lady who put the ad in the paper for GP puppies for sale. I told her I would like to come out and look at them and she said," Of course you can come look. But I have to warn you, they will steal your heart." She was right.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: An aunt shops for a Pyr
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 08:50:45 pm »
I agree completely!  Somehow it's completely possible to want to throttle Naja, and smother her with hugs and kisses at the same time!  ::) :D :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Viking Lady

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:09:00 am »
Do you mean being Luke as opposed to Loki?

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 02:19:56 am »
To me it seems like he is just now starting to get back to being enjoyable in the house. He was great as a baby except for biting all the time. As an older puppy he has been a pain in the butt in the house. He has done so much damage. I think I told you that I am currently living at my mom's house so the damage is to her house, not mine. (I wouldn't care as much back at my house)

Just the last couple weeks, except for starting to mark things >:( and getting into trash, he is getting a little better.

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 02:27:10 am »
Or did you mean why did I name him Luke?

Viking Lady

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 09:47:28 am »
No........can't use that excuse. I've been here over a year. Mom is 90 now, and is well, but she occasionally needed help, as did my marriage. I am separated and living here with alot of my "stuff" still at my house.

I must say, the last few days Luke has been alot calmer in the house. He has even come in my office and laid down. We are having dreadful rainy, gray days. Maybe he is just grateful to be inside.

Viking Lady

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:15:15 pm »
I'm sure Luke is happier inside. I read once that outside dogs spend their life wanting to come inside, but I don't know what dog actually voiced that opinion.
[/quote]

I don't know either but I spent my life wanting to live on the beach! hehe ;D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 05:17:19 pm by Viking Lady »