Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 3865 times)

Viking Lady

Merry Christmas!
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:28:15 pm »
I think the next few days for all of us will be filled with either cozy, relaxing enjoyment, or in flurry. In my case it will be flurry. I have never been so behind in my preparations for Christmas. I am embarrassed to say that I still have a little shopping to do and, if a miracle happens, a little baking. We are "doing" Christmas at my daughter's house this year. It is the first time it hasn't been at my house. She is just down the road but it occured to me yesterday that all the presents I have been wrapping and putting under the tree upstairs, will need to be hauled down the stairs and out to the car. Oh my gosh, and my knees are hurting, probably because of all this rain. My sister and her family will arrive tomorrow from Tuscaloosa (Roll Tide!)and so I am making beds tonight to accomodate them.

That being said, I wanted to tell all of you how much fun I have had the last few months getting to know you. It truly is like a family here. I have had so many laughs. To get to know your personalities through your words has been a wonderful experience. We are a diverse group of people and it is so nice to see diversity at it's best. There aren't many places where people can disagree so passionately and still care about each other. And there aren't that many places where you can feel the support and compassion that you get here.

I wish for all of you a Merry Christmas or a Happy Holiday. And I hope everyone will enjoy a happy and healthy New Year.

Debbie and Luke

Offline TINKSMOM

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 01:48:25 am »
Christmas is at my house this year. Still in frantic mode though due to all the prep and I have to work Christmas Eve! We are having all the family over (about 20 adults plus kids). We sit at the "fancy eating table" as my husband calls it which any other day is the pool table. It is great though, you can actually sit 12+ around it. My grandson will wake up Christmas morning at our house to open presents which is a first. It will be nice to have that childlike suspense in the house. My grandfather will be 98 years old on the 29th and is still planning to come Christmas though he suffered another mild stroke Sunday. He sure is a trooper! I hope he can make it. This winter weather is awful tough on him. Let's all remember that in the "flurry" of Christmas to remember what it is really about, try not to get lost in the shopping, traveling, etc. Be sure to take a moment to appreciate the ones you love and how fortunate we are compared to most. I have truly enjoyed knowing all of you. Merry Christmas!
My name is Lori.

Mom to
Tinkerbear (lab/kom mix)
Harley (Newfy/Saint mix)
Boomer (Cat-russian blue)
RIP - Tater Marie (basset 11/95 to 1/08)
RIP - Velcro (Kitten-Tiger Stripe)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 03:09:44 am »
As I have said in one of the other Christmas threads. You guys have been a blessing to me this year. I have been so depressed lately that this has been the highlight of my holiday. Looking at all the beautiful Christmas cards and taking part in the SS gift exchange has been so much fun and then looking at all the pups pics with their gifts. My son won't be with me this year as he is in the Air Force and can't get away and I can't afford to go there. But we will talk on the phone and do Christmas that way. My boyfriend(of 20 yrs)is a pilot and you never know if he will be home or not, so that stresses me as well. My job has been very stressful too. So needless to say I Love you all and Thanks so much for all of your kindness this year!!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties