Author Topic: Bryce and Milo VERY VERY Bad!!!!!!  (Read 6594 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Bryce and Milo VERY VERY Bad!!!!!!
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:31:18 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Really bad night Bryce and Milo got into a big fight over i am really not sure what started it. My worker came to pick up keys for the truck and my girlfriend was just leaving Milo and Bryce do not like anyone to close to me even if they know you. Milo started it and all of a sudden fur and blood was flying all over my worker jumped in between them because that is 300 pounds of dog and i could not get them off each other. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and finally they were apart. Blood everywhere i checked each of them and found no blood it was my worker bitten in 3 different places on both hands.My power had just gone down from a wind and rain storm so i was already stressed. I had to take the worker to the ER and we sat there for 2 hr he had to get stitches and his hands looked terrible. I felt so bad he had no health insurance and his meds were 75.00 and i am sure i will be picking up the ER visit.I was also informed the Health Department would be in touch with me now i am really upset. Sorry so long i am just really STRESSED OUT Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Viking Lady

Re: Bryce and Milo VERY VERY Bad!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:01:50 am »
I feel so bad for you. I remember you were already having a hard time before this happened.

My dog (yellow lab/collie)many years ago bit the dog catcher! He had to be confined at our vet for ten days, then I got a ticket because he was loose, then the city's insurance sued us for the injury costs. It's a horrible feeling. Hang in there and hang tough. This, too, shall pass.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 10:34:40 am »
 :'( :-\ :'( :-\

Well i hope he doesn't sue me but he has worked for me for 5 years and i don't think that will happen. i kept them apart for today Bryce goes to school tomorrow all day so i am hoping he will be so tired by the time he comes home! Marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 11:54:36 am »
Oh I feel so bad for you. I know here it is a 10 day quarentine ( at home). The dog is not allowed to be walked off your property or around visitors etc. Then when the 10 days is up they send a letter saying the dog is off quarentine.
Good Luck with everything.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 12:47:17 pm »
I'm so sorry you're going through this.  Years ago I had a Weimaraner that was aggressive to men.  He got so bad that he actually went after one of my son's friends (they were both 11 years old at the time).  Fortunately the friend sacrificed a bag of Oreo's and was able to make his escape without injury to his person - his jacket wasn't so lucky.  Having to call his mom to explain what happened was the most horrible part.  I was lucky that she was very understanding.
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 12:49:03 pm »
That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear about your trouble.

Viking Lady

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 04:59:43 pm »
I am so glad you posted this. One of the things I have wanted to ask was about the safest way to break up a real fight. I have admitted on here before my fear of dog fights and that I remember my dad breaking up a couple with full force water from the hose. Obviously we were outside and near a hose. Your suggestions are things I never thought about. Thanks. Sorry for interrupting.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:04:20 pm »
So sorry to hear about all this  :'( The best way to break a dog fight if no water available is to grab them by their hind legs as dogs totally loose control of their bodies  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 06:18:39 pm »
So sorry to hear about this Marina - hopefully nothing will come of it .... hang in there!

As for breaking up a fight.... I have pulled the back legs of one of the dogs... it gets the dog off balance... and totally worked for me.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 03:02:56 am »
Oh no! I feel so bad for you. I sure do hope he doesn't sue. He did make that choice and everyone is right, the dogs didn't know it was his hands. I had a siberian huskey get into a dog fight once and I hate to say it but I had to use a 2x4 to smack him to make him let go because he had the dog by the throat and was not about to let go. He did and sort of snapped out of it and started to listen to me. The neighbor used to let his little mop dog out and he used to torment my huskey so I guess the little monster got too close and Sham had him. Needless to say after that that dog stayed away. It sure scares the crap out of you when it's happening.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 03:15:42 pm »
Thank you all for your emails i have never had a dog that has bitten anyone and it was quite a shocking experience. You hear about it and hope it doesn't happen to you. I know it was his decision to get in between them i guess i would have been going to the vet if he didn't. Bryce had some wounds on his lips and i couldn't figure out where the blood on Milo came from.Al is quite on the front and that's the way i like it Bryce is pooped out from school and i took Milo to work today.Thanks again for the emails that were sent to me as well marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats