Author Topic: Clifford's thousand mile road trip  (Read 3517 times)

lookingfornewf

Clifford's thousand mile road trip
« on: December 28, 2008, 03:41:15 am »
Hope everybody had a good Christmas. Sorry we had to miss the party and haven't been on lately. We drove from Ontario to Indiana for about a week to my Mom's for Christmas. It's about 500 miles each way. The only other long road trip Clifford has had was last Christmas when he was only 4 months old. We have a PT Cruiser and took the back car seats out to give him room. He had lots of space and was very very good in the car. Well, twice on the way home he did manage to climb up front and sit on my lap. 101 pounds is a little large for a lap puppy but I guess he needed snuggling. When we got to my mom's after investigating everything he peed/marked on the bedspread in the room we were sleeping in. I don't know if he smelled something from before or not. He marked one other time too. Other than that he was very good. I did not see him bother the tree or the wrapped presents under it. My mom's Scottie likes him, but mom is super over protective and doesn't really let them play together. My sisters lab who liked him last year does not like him now and kept barking at him when we went to her house. I guess he doesn't know any other dogs bigger than him. Clifford didn't notice and kept thinking he wanted to play.
Both dogs have lots of new Christmas toys and treats. They haven't destroyed all of them yet because I keep them put up and only give them to them for short periods of time. Actually Annie is the toy killer, Clifford is fine with his.
We are in the middle of getting new carpeting (my Christmas present) We did part before Christmas and part on Tuesday. The house is a disaster and I will have to disconnect the computer for a day or two. The computer hasn't been working well lately anyway I don't know if I hope it will restart or not.
Hope everybody had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year! ;D

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Clifford's thousand mile road trip
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:34:14 am »
Christmas road trips are always fun. We drove with Rosie from Texas to Michigan, and back, last year. The loooong road trip was made tolerable with Rosie around. It's good that you had a dog-friendly home to arrive to and that Clifford could meet some new friends on the road.
Rosie - Newfoundland