Author Topic: Everybody got yer black eyed peas?  (Read 5819 times)

Viking Lady

Everybody got yer black eyed peas?
« on: December 30, 2008, 11:46:58 am »
My nice neighbor waved me down when she was walking her dog and said the lady up the street with the 5 year old female Pyr wanted to get in touch with me. Evidently, as soon as the holidays are over she wants to get together so Luke and her dog can play. I'm kind of excited. Might be a nice start to the year?

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Everybody got yer black eyed peas?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:30:23 pm »
You`re sooooo lucky!! I want to get together with other Pyr owners for some white fluffy fun!
 Whenever I meet somebody with another Grt Pyr, they`re always snobs who don`t want to talk to me or my goofball.  Well actually, I`ve only met one other person with a Pyrenees, that was in Pet Smart, and he was a total snob, and quickly redirected his dog away from Miss Naja and I as quickly as he could.  :P  As if!  Who wouldn`t want to hang out with my drooling slobbering barking legally insane puppy dog?  ::) ;D

Pleeeeeaaaaaaz zzzeeeeeeee take lots of pictures!!!!!!   :D :D :D :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Viking Lady

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 01:56:25 pm »
Hey Patty! Where have you been? I knew you had been sick but your name kept popping up. Were you hidden behind the Wizard of Oz curtain? I wish you could come over and play.

Alex, you are welcome,too. I met this lady's husband a couple weeks ago and he was nice but not much personality. I think he's a retired engineer. (that's a local joke down here in Huntsville) I hope she is "enjoyable". He kept me outside on the curb for 30 minutes telling me the history of Pyrs and I had to go talk to the roofer.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 02:21:08 pm »
Alex - you really need to come to my part of TX!  There's tons of friendly Pyr owners!  I've only met one who was a snob.  Ran into him at Petsmart with his adult male Pyr and he looked at Ursa and asked "what kind of dog is THAT"?  My answer?  "The same kind that you have only prettier and better behaved!" 

Seriously - our local dog park is big paw heaven and I've met several nice Pyrs there.
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 02:46:48 pm »
I think it's weird that a Pyr owner could even consider being a snob. With all the pranks, and mischief, and drool that would tend to make you rather humble.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 02:49:20 pm »
Exactly!  Hard to a snob when your clothes have drool marks and white furry clumps everywhere!

The guys wife was really nice though and apologized for his attitude! 

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Viking Lady

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 04:47:32 am »
hehe....that would be fun.

When I was seeing what alot of you were dealing with, with respect to weather and snow, it made me wonder about Shelley. Did she get kidnapped to Idaho from the desert?