Author Topic: A great start to a new year  (Read 8256 times)

lins_saving_grace

A great start to a new year
« on: January 02, 2009, 06:08:30 am »
Grace had her follow up visit with Dr. Hottie this morning.  She was so happy to 1.) go for a ride and 2.) to visit people.  She's had a bad case of cabin fever (so have I).  I get there and my wallet was at home.  DOH!  everyone makes a big fuss over her and they get a blood sample and look at her leg.  The leg is healing nicely and the restrictions for counch and bed are LIFTED!!!  we get to the counter and explain that I will call with my bank card number in 20 minutes when I get home.  The lady was on the phone so we waited as patiently as possible without getting into anything.  Toby, the office cat, is on the counter and brushes Grace's nose with his tail.  She hadn't gone nuts over him till now.  She looks at him and sneeks her nose to the tail and slowly puts it into her mouth.  She didn't clamp down hard, but she closed her teeth on it playfully.  He ran off and of course Grace wants to follow.  We get that under control and head home.  I clean up all the blankets on the floor and put the bed back together.  Grace is confussed.  I tell her to get on the counch and she hasn't moved since. 
What a hectic morning.
The best news of all is...the vet called.  He did the blood test at the office since he knew I was freeking out about Grace's Kidney levels.  They are back down.  He wants us to stay on the Hills KD diet though.  Whatever...the y are down.  So, I have to watch her protein intake, especially with people food. 
What a good day.

lins_saving_grace

Re: A great start to a new year
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 07:22:24 am »
going anywhere is fun for her.  she even likes going to the vet.  he calls her sweetie.  :)
The bad part of car rides with her is that she sits in the back and sueeks almost like a kid asking "are we there yet" a million times. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 08:29:54 am »
i've heard horror stories about Char Pei eyes.  I got lucky with the one I had.  she was a giant Char Pei and didn't need the tacking.  My first ex husband took her.  I miss her too.
Isn't it funny, just like kids, our pups can be so particular in the car and destinations?

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 08:48:43 am »
Glad to heat that Grace is doing so well and her levels have come down as well.  Now she can get back to normal rottie stuff......... ..lol.

I don't see many rotties around here so I have to get my fix at work.  right now we have 2 boarding, Heidi a slight female with something off about her back legs (dysplasia maybe), and an awesome male named Zeus.  he's so much fun.  ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 09:41:05 am »
i would love your job. 

I get comments a lot like "we don't see those around here much too.  I've taken her to the pet store before and get the strangest looks....proba bly because I'm talking to her about all the cool toys on the shelves and telling her to please put that back when she tears things off the end cabinets. 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 09:46:54 am »
yeah at the dog park in Ca there were 2 that used to come regularly.  Otis, who I think the owner moved b/c she stopped coming after about a year, and Henry a HUGE rottie, probably german bred (he was around 170 and slightly overweight and on a diet)

gunther didn't like him at first but right before we moved they became buddies.  Was so fun to watch them play and have Henry sit on gunther....... ....lol.

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:07:32 pm »
So glad to hear her year is starting off well!  Loved the picture of her on the couch!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 03:43:33 pm »
that's no way to live with drippy eyes.  you gotta do what you gotta do.   Those are beautiful peepers in those pics.
Seems i've lost a few dogs in custody battles over the years.   I really cared for Ti.  And I think about her now and again.  I'm sure she's at the bridge since that was 10 years ago now.  I had Missy and he wanted Ti. 
The one that really got to me was Lady.  I really hated leaving her in the divorce in 2007.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:44:30 pm by Lin »

Viking Lady

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 03:50:19 pm »
In some cases I guess it's alot harder to leave the dog behind than the hubby?! I'm sorry too.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 03:09:57 am »
I'm not sure I'm ever going to find anyone again.  I've tried over the last year and a half and found a lot of frogs and fishes to throw back.  When I meet someone and go out, I think the whole time that I just really want to go home and snuggle the dog.  the guys I've met haven't been worth my time or effort.  But I will remember the what's minie is mine clause if I do get married or involved again as far as the dogs go.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 10:44:54 am »
hey, those fed ex dudes keep in shape!  If Grace would stop chasing away the fed ex guys, i'd gnab me one.

Viking Lady

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 04:48:38 pm »
All my single girlfriends are looking for a handyman. Some of them might be in good shape and they can fix stuff. Would Grace chase him off?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 01:56:38 am »
sho only chases off the people who actually run, which is 99% of the people who come to the door.