BPO Working Dog Forum > Big Dogs with Jobs

Wish me luck today!

(1/2) > >>

Amy (guffer):
Hubby and I are taking Apollo and Zeus to the Children's Hospital for an interview today at noon.  They have their CGC and TDI certifications and this is the final step!  Basically we're just going to hang out in the lobby (during the busiest time of the day) and see how the dogs react to everyone.  The good news is that the lady who runs the pet therapy program is a nurse on my floor and she LOVES big dogs.  Her dog, Chief, was a huge golden retriever who logged over 700 hours visiting the children in his lifetime.  He unfortunately passed away last year, but I met him a few times and he was a wonderful boy. 

I have confidence in my boys that they are going to love greeting everyone.  I'm just nervous that they're still kinda puppyish.  I don't want them to get too excited by all the commotion.  I'm planning on trying to wear them out in the morning playing in the backyard.  The sidewalks are still too slippery for a good walk.  This is weird, too, but I've noticed that my attempts to expend as much energy as possible before training classes usually backfire, because they seem too tired to listen to me.  Does that make sense?  Any suggestions on keeping them at their best behavior would be appreciated!

Ursa:
Good luck!  I'm sure they'll do fine!

Berner_Mom:
Good luck, have a good time! I'm sure they'll do great.

jesday:
Wow. you're taking both at the same time? They must be so special. I am excited to see how they do and you are really inspiring me to follow through with doing the necessary training with my bubs.

This is so cool! Good luck with their final. :-*

AudgePadge:
i don't think you need a "good luck" but...HAVE FUN  :D  I'm sure they're gonna do GREAT!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version