Author Topic: New to BPO - Meet ShebaLou!  (Read 8928 times)

Offline NewfLover

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New to BPO - Meet ShebaLou!
« on: January 11, 2009, 03:46:40 pm »
Hi Everyone!

We are new to the BPO posts but definitely not new to the forums!  We have visited regularly and read everyone else's posts and thought it was about time we say hi!

We are proudly owned by our two Newfoundlands, Sheba and Guinness and our St. Bernard, Bella (my love)!  Our girls are 5 and 6 years old and our big guy, Guinness is now 7 years old.  My how time flies!!  We recently moved down to Florida from New Hampshire and I think the kids still haven't forgiven us...LOL!  They want to know where all the snow went!!  Although, I took Sheba swimming yesterday at the Palma Sola Causeway and she absolutely loved it (pictures to come later)!  These forums are great and I have come here many times when I wasn't sure about something with one of the kids but I always found my answers here!

Looking forward to sharing stories and getting to know everyone on the BPO forums!

Tami
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: New to BPO - Meet ShebaLou!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 03:54:49 pm »
Hello and welcome!
Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

My name is Chris, and my fur crew consists of Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.

Viking Lady

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 03:56:47 pm »
Hi Tami
Glad to have you here.
Hehe I'm trying to picture your drive down to Florida with the three big ones! How did it go?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 04:11:42 pm »
Wow! 3 big paws- sounds like a busy household. I'm Jaime & am mom to 1 Newfy named Bear.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 05:12:42 pm »
Hi Tami!  I'm Ruthanna and I'm mom to "The Triplets" - 3 gonna be big paw puppies.

Ursa is my Pyr aka Her Furry Majesty and Fargo and Sadie the Newfs are her loyal subjects!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 06:09:04 pm »
Hi and welcome, I am Tina, I have a 13 year old Shiba Inu, Ruffian, an 11 year old Shiba Inu, Tonka and a year old Mastiff/Rottweiler cross named Gage.

jesday

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 04:53:47 am »
Once you've joined, good luck trying to leave! Darn place is addicting. Can't tell you how much work I have piled up because of spending time here.

Welcome aboard and can't wait for pics.

I'm Elizabeth with Newfs Sophie & Syrus and Chili the Chihuahua

tralfazmom

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 09:59:42 am »
Welcome, you couldn't have come to a better place!

tralfazmom

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 10:37:12 am »
Hello, this is Gus, short for Argus,,who has just turned 14 weeks old Saturday. Quite probably the sweetest, most intuitive pup I have ever met. Even at his young age he seems to know when to be cute, when to be feisty and when to snuggle. As you can tell, I am head over heels for this guy!

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 01:20:37 pm »
Hi and welcome- I am terribly jealous of your move from New England to Florida!  It is soo cold!  Can't wait to see pix of your crew.
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline NewfLover

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 09:28:57 am »
Wow, you guys are awesome!!  We are having a little camera difficulty at the moment or I would have posted their pictures by now... >:(

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!  It was definitely an "interesting" journey driving the three of them from New Hampshire down to Florida!  Especially when we had to sneak them into a hotel in Virginia and Bella decided to start barking at 6:00am because she saw someone out in the parking lot (darn windows)!!  We high tailed it out of there pretty quickly... ;D  But we made it and they are adjusting pretty good.  I take Sheba to the beach to go swimming all the time and she just loves it!  Our male Newfoundland, Guinness, that we rescued has a little shepard in him so he doesn't like the water and Bella is just plain trouble and I think she would cause quite a comotion at the beach... ;D  I hear it's been pretty frigid up North so VERY happy to be here in Florida now!  We live in Bradenton, which is right on the Gulf of Mexico...beaut iful beaches, sun most every day and pool all year!  What more could I ask for?!   ;)

Just wanted to say thanks for the big warm welcome and I will be sure to post pictures as soon as we figure out what is wrong with the camera (I had plenty on the computer but hubby had to reset the hard drive and lost all of them... >:(

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their babies!
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard!