Pit Bulls > Pit Bull Discussions & Pictures

Monty's Near-Death Experience...and it's MY fault :(

(1/3) > >>

AudgePadge:
First of all...He's gonna be okay!
But this is all my fault... :'(

Monty and I went to go run some errands and what not.  We pull up at the Pet Supplies store, and I get out of the car, and open Monty's door to let him out. I was on the phone, I wasn't paying attention. He hopped out, and I grabbed the leash, next thing I hear is tires, yelp and the most awful *bump* sound.

I turned around and some lady in a sedan was pulling into the parking spot right next to me....right where Monty was standing...

I screamed, and looked under the car, and there's my baby. He's stuck under the front bumper...he's scratching and crying, so I crawl under there and I pull him out.

I don't really remember what happened after that, but the lady in the car came out screaming, and crying.  I guess I wouldn't let anybody touch him.  Miraculously, he stands up!!!!  Monty sits on my lap, and starts growling at everyone around us.  I'm a total MESS... I took him to the vet, and we do the whole nine...

Mister Monty, my super dog...came out after 6 hours of being at the vet... with bruised ribs, and some scrapes and a broken nail... No  broken bones, internal bleeding--nothing.

I can't believe I let this happen, I feel terrible. I went to the store, and bought him some filet mignon and his favorite...spi nach pizza (don't ask me why he loves that stuff so much)  Then he got like...15 new stuffed animals and a new bed.  He's not allowed to rough house for awhile...but.. .I don't think he minds the pampering

I feel so awful you guys..I'm the WORST dog-mom ever.  When I think about what could've happened, I just lose it.

Anyway...sorry it's so long, I feel so bad.  How could I let this happen?? What is the matter with me? Ugh, I'm disgusted with myself...

Scootergirl:
OH NO!! Poor Monty, but thank goodness he's made of rubber!

Don't beat yourself up. Monty is ultimately OK and you know you'll NEVER be distracted with him again. And, look at it this way, you've given all the rest of us a big wake up call. How many times have any one of us done the same thing?

I'm glad he's ok and being sufficiently spoiled.

Viking Lady:
I'm so glad too that Monty is ok. I know that had to be so scary!

You're not a bad mom. This is awful but, back in the 70's when they had those awful four legged walkers for babies, I was sitting on the front porch with my 9 month old daughter in the walker. I was sitting right next to her, talking on the phone, and she gave one sudden push with her feet and tipped off the edge of the porch. I grabbed the walker and almost flipped her out of the thing. She didn't fall out or hit the ground but it scared me to death!

I think it's Alexander Graham Bell's fault.

ZooCrew:
I'm glad to hear that Monty is okay.  it happens to the best of us, don't beat yourself up.  And he got the best deal out of it too.......lol. 

--- Quote ---You're not a bad mom. This is awful but, back in the 70's when they had those awful four legged walkers for babies, I was sitting on the front porch with my 9 month old daughter in the walker. I was sitting right next to her, talking on the phone, and she gave one sudden push with her feet and tipped off the edge of the porch. I grabbed the walker and almost flipped her out of the thing. She didn't fall out or hit the ground but it scared me to death!

--- End quote ---

had to laugh at this one though........ .lol.  When i was in a walker, my brother left the basement door open and down I went.  Miraculously, i was uninjured.  Just one of the many mishaps I had around the house at the hands of family members....... ......lol.  ::) ::)

Gevaudan_Jo:
you are definately not a bad dog mom. no way! get that thought out of your head...
Im so glad he is ok... give him a kiss for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version