Author Topic: Samson & Pippin make a splash!  (Read 3485 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Samson & Pippin make a splash!
« on: August 15, 2005, 09:15:49 pm »
We went to the swim with your dog earlier this evening at the public pool & it was great!!...Samson & Pippin had a good time & behaved wonderfully!...& they both SWAM!!!...I mean really swam!...lol...There were alot of dogs there & I only saw two minor ruckuses...Pre tty good I think for all the doggies there!...Samson & Pippin were the only Pyrs...There were 2 Burnese Mountain Dogs, a couple of Danes, 1 11 week old Mastiff,  & 1 Saint...There were just a couple of Boxers one of whom was Madie who belongs to Ann who is a member here...Madie swam too!...It was great to see!...I got a bunch of pics & will post when I get the cord to do so...I will post more later but Ann just called to tell me the local news is going to have coverage on the event & I want to watch!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Samson & Pippin make a splash!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 09:25:08 pm »
Nooooooo!  You can't torment us like that with promises of pictures and then not show us the pictures!  When is the cord coming??  If it isn't coming soon, I will drive a cord out to you and then I can love on Samson and Pippin all I want, and I won't even need the pictures!    ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 09:40:41 pm »
Cord!
We don't need no stinking cord!
We want PICTURES!
Tulsa
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Samson & Pippin make a splash & we are local celebrities!!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 10:03:48 pm »
LOL!...If the cord isn't here by tomorrow I will see if I can buy one somewhere...Go t a great pic (I hope) of Pippin sliding down the kiddy tube slide...He was a little hesitant so I had to help him get down...lol!...They wouldn't allow us to take our dogs on the big slide...Darnit!..lol...& THIS IS GREAT!!!!....When I went up to watch the news GUESS WHAT?!!!!...The very first segment was of me sitting in the shallow water blissfully petting Sam & Pippin!!!....It was like 5 seconds of just us!!!!...It was SO neat!...I wouldn't be nearly as excited if it was just me...lol...I had alot of people ask about my dogs & got soem great educational oppertunities!...One lady said she always wanted a Pyr & what should she expect...I had alot to tell her!...lol...Then her neighbors came up & I told them, "Just remember when she gets a Pyr & it barks, he's got your back too"!...lol...This lady said she had been in contact with a rescue in Illinois which is fantastic!!...I think she really was listening when I told her what to expect & what not to expect out of a Pyr...She seemed very interested & like a very caring lady...I hope she gets her BigWhiteStinky Dog!!!...lol....One a more serious note...The brother I had pretty nearly cut out of my life went along with me because I needed help with the dogs....He has a drug problem but has been clean since a very bad car accident about 4 months ago...It was so wonderful to see him acting like the brother I love again...He pretty much left me alone with the dogs...lol.... but he spent the whole time with my 2 children playing which is great because I haven't seen him show real interest in them for a couple of years...Since his accident he has been pretty depresssed between being in physical bad shape & learning to cope without drugs at that same time...He smiled a real smile alot tonight...It was good for both of us.  :) I promise there will be pics very soon!!! ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 05:50:49 am »
Wow, sounds like a fantastic time. I can't wait to see the pictures. ;D ;D
Good news about your brother. Everything happens for a reason. ;)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 06:01:33 am »
Can't wait to see those photos.  That is great news about your brother, maybe it was just the first of many good days to come.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

ann

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 07:31:36 am »

you guys the swim was great we all had such a good time..but the best thing was seeing how much everyone loves thier dogs and people came to watch  ..our town has not been real pet friendly in the past but now they have things like this dog swim.they are giving us a dog park and alot of other things .........and my madie did so good she has never swam before and she did so good .she tried to mother all the small dogs it was so cute like she was the small dog police so sweet ,my girl has such a big hart.......... .......

ann

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 09:16:25 am »
Thanks everyone!...It was really fun!...& Madie did try to mother all the little dogs...She was forver trying to go this way & that to get near them...lol...I t was so cute!...She  is a real sweetie!...When Ann gets here new computer we'll get some pics of her gang up! :)