Author Topic: Another *rescue* success  (Read 8650 times)

Offline charliesmommy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Another *rescue* success
« on: March 08, 2005, 01:38:38 pm »
We've only had Charlie now since the week before Christmas 2004 and despite some very big misgivings from other Newfy people, he has fit right in to our home. It only goes to show...never judge a Newfy based on someone else's opinion! One of the worries was how he would fit in with my smaller dogs since he was raised about only other Newfies. If you check out his picture I'll thinK you can see everything here is *kosher*!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Another *rescue* success
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 02:31:53 pm »
Awww...now that is cute. And touche` on the comment. Every Newf should be given the chance to find love equally.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 11:47:06 pm »
Congratulation s!!!
Yep, sometimes you never know until you try!!!  My guys love the little fellows they meet.  BUT, the little fellows, most of them, are rather intimidated at first!!!  My oldest when we were in obedoemce had a little terrior friend who literally would hang off of my fellow's mane!!  It was cute, and they were both only babies at the time.  The terrior was so tiny compare to my 4 month old Newf!!  ROTFL!!!

Offline naturalnewfies

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 07:45:56 am »
What a beautiful picture- kudos to you for doing your own thing, despite the others' opinions!

Offline dogsandcarts

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 04:15:03 pm »
Hi we have two rescue Newfs. They seem to give just that little bit extra love, but they are in a `forever` home with us now.
  Our youngest Newf. we rescued last october, he was twenty one months old and had had four previous homes prior to us.  Even now we can`t fathom why.  He is adorable, so cuddly and well behaved.  We treat each day as it comes but what you see is what you get, playful, friendly and loveable everybody who meets him thinks the same.We fell on our feet when he came home to us, the other owners don`t know what they`ve missed!
We've only had Charlie now since the week before Christmas 2004 and despite some very big misgivings from other Newfy people, he has fit right in to our home. It only goes to show...never judge a Newfy based on someone else's opinion! One of the worries was how he would fit in with my smaller dogs since he was raised about only other Newfies. If you check out his picture I'll thinK you can see everything here is *kosher*!
:D