Author Topic: He has been named  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Vapidfire

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
He has been named
« on: February 05, 2009, 02:35:08 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Well he got his name today, we're very happy about it!
Unsurprisingly it didn't come from any of the names we were thinking about. We've decided to call him Lincoln "Linc" for
short. He's doing so good today! well except for the upset puppy belly producing some pretty well...gross loose bowel movements. Kaylee has for the most part stopped being a jerk and we're enjoying the blissful couple of weeks where he still wants to sleep a lot. The real chaos will start when he wakes up a bit more!
Cat
Serenity: Fila Brasileiro Female
Kaylee: Fila Brasileiro Female
Lincoln: Newfoundland Male
Keegan: Fila Brasileiro Male
Cathen: Fila Brasileiro Male
Bug & Ger: Devon Rex Cats
Remus: Roommates Mutt
Rescues of all sorts

lins_saving_grace

Re: He has been named
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 02:41:49 pm »
i LOVE it!!!!   what a strong name.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 02:42:53 pm »
Congrats on your new "little" boy and love the name. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

DenverFurKiddos

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 03:05:41 pm »
Congrats!  I love the name too!!!!  That name caught my attention while watching  the show, Prison Break...What a great name!!! :)  I'm wondering if the stress of transition to a new home could also be causing the upset tummy....

Offline Vapidfire

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 03:22:42 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure it is just the stress from moving to a new home and everything. He is eating well and things are slowly starting to firm up.

We did switch his dog food because the food the breeder feeds is not available in our area and she only send us a small amount when he was shipped. We've got him on Wellness "Lamb, Barley, and Salmon meal"

We've added a couple spoonfuls of canned pumpkin and some goats milk to the food so his belly should settle down pretty quickly.

The major problem we're having is him going to the bathroom in his crate. He's in a 36" crate right now which seems the right size for him. I don't want to put him in something smaller because he'll barely be able to move. We do have a 48" crate though and I'm thinking of putting him in that to keep him from sleeping in the mess. But I'm afraid that will encourage him to continue to mess in his crate at night. It's a conundrum!
Cat
Serenity: Fila Brasileiro Female
Kaylee: Fila Brasileiro Female
Lincoln: Newfoundland Male
Keegan: Fila Brasileiro Male
Cathen: Fila Brasileiro Male
Bug & Ger: Devon Rex Cats
Remus: Roommates Mutt
Rescues of all sorts