Author Topic: Who is the boss?  (Read 4223 times)

Offline maggiesmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Who is the boss?
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:11:04 am »
Hi all,

I wanted to share a good story about Maggie and Sophia. Sophia is my petite little chow chow and as you know Maggie is my lovable newfie.  I wondered how these two would adapt to each other when we first got them, both being females and Sophia was a rescue with a sad story behind her. sophia is the most lovable little pup in the world and from the beginning, took to mothering Maggie.  I remember the day that the puppy pass wore out though, it was a different little bark that she did and Maggie understood. These girls both drink and eat out of the same bowls and really do get along well.  Sophia does all the housekeeping of Maggie, everyday -- Maggie gets her grooming. She starts with her face and then will go to her ears, flipping one at at time back to clean and then back to the right position again.  She will then move to her bottom and clean her up really well so well in fact that I think Maggie forgot that she really does own her own hiney.....  Maggie will, however, place Sophia wherever she wants her and she will usually pick her up to do so. I work at home and one day i was on a conference call sitting in the corner of my sectional, Sophia was in the front of the side of the couch sleeping, All of a sudden, the Sophia started to slide backward. At first, I thought there was a ghost but I stood up to see that Maggie had her by the tail and was moving her to the kitchen, I was hilarious.  I do think that even though the puppy is three times the size of sophia -- sophia is the boss lady.

I will have to post more pictures for you all to see -- I am having trouble because it is telling me that my files are too large when I know they are not. May have to do with my internet connection.

Well everyone, have a great day!  Am in Atlanta waiting for a plane to go to Birminghan for business - talk to you all later!

Patti
Patti

Proud mommy of..
Maggie - Newfie puppy (aka Mr. Freshy von Fresh)
Sophia - Chowbaby

Mommy will come one day for you.. we will meet again my loves...
Mrs. Tu - 17 y/o black chowbaby
Kirby -- - 1 y/o cream chow chow

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Who is the boss?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:59:29 am »
That story is hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

For easier picture posting, I upload my pix to a photobucket account first, then post them from there. Photobucket automatically resizes them so they are not too large for BPO.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:43:22 am »
That's too funny. ;D And you're right size has nothing to do with who is in charge. As a lot of owners on here will tell you it's usually the small dogs who make the rules. At our house our Jack Russell is in charge over our Newfie.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 02:30:48 pm »
I can just picture her moving her sister around the house!!   :D
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us