Author Topic: newfs are mostly good  (Read 5385 times)

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
newfs are mostly good
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:19:24 pm »
Just reading some of the posts here I thought i would post about a good newfie
Annabelle was an out of control rescue, who only needed some loving and training to turn into the most loving clever newf. We have owned her now for nine months and here is some pics of her trying out the agility "table" and "plank".............H er favorite is the see saw and jumps. She is with her "little sister", Tessa

Annabell always seems to be on the right  :D
Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: newfs are mostly good
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 01:51:44 am »
You're right - they are mostly good!  I know that I tend to post more when something goes wrong or I'm having training problems and need some advice or a place to vent!

Here's a recent pic of my two patiently waiting for a treat!

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline KylieMay

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 02:27:55 am »
Love all the Newfie action pix!!
I just replied to the other thread that we recently started pre-agility classes. Any pix of Annabelle doing the weave poles?? That's the part I can't imagine Mayhem doing... the jumps should be no problem because she is very bouncy :)

Kylie
Owned by Mayhem, 1.5 yr-old Newfie

Chumley, Newfie, 1996-2008

lookingfornewf

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 03:15:59 am »
You are right, Newfs are good most of the time. It's just the bad is so entertaining. I work at a hockey arena and the kids there know Clifford and will come up and ask "What has he done to get in trouble this week?" They are actually kind of dissappointed if I have nothing new to report.
Both dogs were even better than I hoped for this weekend. We were gone from Friday evening at 5pm until Saturday around midnight. They had their doggie door for outings and I had someone come in and feed them twice on Saturday. I was more than willing to face the fact that there would be slippers or pillows or something out the doggie door into the yard or other destructions. I haven't found anything, so if they had a wild party they cleaned up. I was very happy with them when I got home.

Offline maggiesmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:37:14 am »
I agree that newfies are really mostly and realy always good, they are just so much fun and the cute things tend to be the "freshy" things that are so much fun.  I call Maggie Ms. freshy von fresh but what she does is what makes up her and I would not have it any other way!
Patti

Proud mommy of..
Maggie - Newfie puppy (aka Mr. Freshy von Fresh)
Sophia - Chowbaby

Mommy will come one day for you.. we will meet again my loves...
Mrs. Tu - 17 y/o black chowbaby
Kirby -- - 1 y/o cream chow chow

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:56:19 am »
i love reading the stories about the mischief that our babies get into.  I'll admit I giggle at everyone's expense, but it makes me realize that even when Sierra has a really bad bahvior day, she isn't a bad dog...she's a normal Newf.  And that's a relief!  For the most part she gets into very little trouble.  She loves dumping the kitchen and bathroom trash cans and spreading it to every corner of the house and she has regressed to not coming when I call and also standing in the middle of the living room barking at us for absolutely NO REASON.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer