Author Topic: Puppy Torture at my house today  (Read 6808 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Puppy Torture at my house today
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:54:48 am »
well just so you all know if you heard the screams from my home today..it was only nails and a bit of clean up today on puppy..

OMG he is just the biggest baby..and he thinks that screaming will get him what he wants..of course with me that doesn't work..much to the distress of everyone else in the house..

As long as I know he is not hurt in any way and what I am doing isn't hurting him he can scream all he wants..cause he won't get what he wants till he is calm..

I still need to trim the hair on his feet but am taking a break..

WOW I sure wasn't expecting his reaction..but his nails were way too long and sharp..so they had to get done..and I even did them in my lap instead of the table..and he still screamed like I was killing him..of course once done we played in the same position and I touched all his toes and feet and made friends..

I had to put him in the tub to wash his (for the G rated) peepee area..that was just clumped with hair..not sure he could even pee as a matter of fact..he was ok with that part..but the dryer part he freaked again..and last week when he got a whole Bath and dry he just squrimed alot..not scream..but today he had to test me I guess..after he was dry I shaved that particular part or area so it won't be a problem..he didn't seem to mind that..

It sure tells me I must be on top of this and put him thru these things every other day or so till it is no big deal..

I think it was more of he didn't want to than anything else..but he has an attitude when it comes to that and now I know..boy do I..

Still working on a name and have tried quite a number of the ones I got from all of you in the word jumble..but nothing seems to feel right yet..
I guess I will know when it is..

Just wanted to update on the brat..hope to have new pictures soon..
TATFK

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Puppy Torture at my house today
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 08:13:03 am »

Baby boy is testing his momma! Sounds like you have a headstrong one there. Got any new pic's of him? 
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline apple25

• Ankle Biter
  • Petra - my beautiful Bouvier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 11:16:48 am »
I know the first time I bathed Petra it was quite the challenge.  She didn't like the hair dryer at all and tried to eat the cord.  And trimming feet?  We had to work up from a treat when I held her knee, then a treat when I held her foot, then a treat when I touched her foot with the clippers, then a treat with each clip on each toe.  Whew.  It still takes a long time but we are working through it. 

But isn't fun to have a dog with so much personality?  He'll defintely tell you when he's happy or mad at you!!  I'm sure you had that with Magic too so you'll know what to expect!!!!  I love reading your updates about your puppy!!!!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 02:22:10 pm »
Now he "tolerates" it...but the pathetic "why me" look has never gone away

Ha Ha Ha!!  I know that look!
It's this one right??!

Tricia, Moo is just aweful with gettin ghis nails done too, it's a 2 person job and he's maxed out at 17lbs!  I sincerly hope that Good Boy gets much better with practice and time.  Kisses for his sweet little nose!  :-* :-* :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline filafan

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 04:29:47 am »
My Caislean was never fond of water, did not like going in past her knees. She however, did not mind baths. I think it was the prolonged towel rubdown that helped her not mind them so much. But Rain, omg... run! She hated going out in that. As a teenager my husband was literally chasing her around the house to get her to go out. After the third lap through the living room, I decided he needed my assistance. So I jumped up and with The Big Stern Voice,said "Caislean, Stop! you have to go piddle" and that is just what she did, stopped and piddled. My husband was all "I can't believe she just did that". Between the giggles, I took the blame.
Beloved Caislean-chasing squirrels on the other side.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 04:30:03 am »
Sunday must've been the day for Puppy Torture.  lol

We didn't brave the tub yet since it is still so cold outside, but we did do nails.  Maybe Kedge and Baby Boy are collaborating to make as much fuss as possible? 

We did lots of yummy treats and just let the dremel blow for a bit.  The part that he got most upset about was being held still.  However Tori was a big help and I instructed her to start popping tiny pieces of the treats in his mouth when she noticed him getting antsy.  It made it much easier.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow on try # 2.  ;)

I also trimmed the peashooter.  It was a good 3 inches long!  lol   Good luck with your little one!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.