Author Topic: Urgh this lady is driving me nuts! (Angry rant about intentionally mix breeding)  (Read 7370 times)

Offline BritnyLe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Ok so I had a post on here before about a lady who is mix breeding her dogs constantly on purpose. Well she's at it again! she is now no longer  mixing just pure-bred dogs together. She used to mix and match her Saint bernards, pyrs, newfies,and old english sheepdogs. Well now she added a new addition to her group and is breeding him as well. He is a Doberman/Pit Bull mix. She is breeding him with her other female dogs and just put a new page up stating how excited she is about her new litter. She bred her Saint Bernard with the Doberman/Pit Bull mix! And she's boasting about how cute the puppies are >:(
Hades: 2 year old, Saint Bernard/Great Dane/English Mastiff mix
Jypsi: 8 week old Cocker Spaniel/Australian Cattle Dog mix
Kane aka Poe, Kira, Karma, Kalypso, and Krystal my kitty kids
A ball python
Otis the rabbit

Offline BritnyLe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Yea I agree. And she still has puppies left from her last mix litter that she can't get rid of. She is charging 250 for her newest litter and she ussually charges 600-800 for her other 50/50 mix litters. I think she does it for money.
A ball python
Otis the rabbit

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
ugh. I will never understand why people actually *choose* to do this... Having to rehome accidental mix litters, or striving for a new breed, or to reduce the health issues of certain breeds, sure -but even then, it is usually done responsibly... this just sounds stupid and merely for profit, and that's stupid >__< breeders should put their puppies first, and this is very clearly not the case here... so it's very annoying... what's worse, you really can't do anything about it, other than trying to talk people out of encouraging her to continue her *business* by purchasing her puppies...
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Hybrids are fine for cars but no way for dogs!! If you want a mix there are plenty out there needing a home. To do that on purpose!! UGH! Is there anyway some authorities could be contacted for any kennel violations and maybe shut her down?
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Is there anyway some authorities could be contacted for any kennel violations and maybe shut her down?

I was wondering the same thing.  Is there a limit on how many dogs you can own in that area? 

Offline BritnyLe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
There aren't really regulations here if you live outside of the city limits and it's super easy to get a kennel lisence. She lives on a 5 acre farm and owns about 12 dogs currently and lets them breed with who ever they want. She says she's a Saint Bernard breeder though I've only seem her sell mix breeds and when she does have pure saints she says "I think the dad is" so she doesn't even know which saints bred together. I see alot of hybrids but I don't understand why she let the barely 1 year old doberman/pit bull mix breed. He isn't an attractive dog and there are sooo many pit mixes in shelters being out to sleep because of rules against owning them here.
A ball python
Otis the rabbit