Author Topic: A Newfless house is a lonely house  (Read 5758 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
A Newfless house is a lonely house
« on: February 23, 2009, 01:29:34 pm »
I just wanted to share my loneliness for a minute.  ;)

Bear is away at "winter-camp" right now and the house is so lonely. This coming weekend we're going out of town for some r-n-r and can't take him to the cabin we're staying in. We no longer have any non-relatives we trust with him, so he is staying with my parents for two whole weeks!  :o My parents live 3 1/2 hours away, so we went up there this past weekend & left him. We will be going to get him next weekend and although the break is nice (no 5:30 a.m. walks outside), coming home without being greeted is sad.  :( Even though he misses us too, he has grandma to give him extra tasty meals and grandpa to give him extra belly rubs so he's content.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline jabear

• View Profile
Re: A Newfless house is a lonely house
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 06:50:26 am »
I'm happy to report that the Bear cub is having a blast with my parents & he is actually doing them such a service! My parents are pretty inactive (they walk around the block and that's it for exercise at home) and because of him they are getting out and walking a good mile two times a day.  ;D Bear is so happy too that he has yet to whine for me or Michael...but I'd rather have him happier than sad.  :)

As for the suggestion with Michael, maybe I'll have to do that.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline jabear

• View Profile
Re: A Newfless house is a lonely house
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:48:58 am »
Well..right now nobody is really allowed to watch Bear other than my parents. The dog walking company we used has been fired and the only neighbors we trusted have rehomed their great dane & just recently broken up themselves. So, without anybody close & trustworthy to give Bear the love & special care he needs, my parents are lucky winners of a drool & hair filled white-carpeted house for the next week & a half.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime