Author Topic: She's home!  (Read 7507 times)

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
She's home!
« on: February 26, 2009, 03:52:50 pm »
I picked up my little girl yesterday. She made a 6 hour trip in the car with me up to see my fiance, and she was a total angel. No potties in the house yet, she crates fine, and loves to have play time and then sleep! So far she's the most laid back, relaxed pup I've ever had, although she's only all of 9.5 weeks old! :D
I'm estatic, and think I picked the perfect new family member! Mr. Gilligan is enjoying my in-laws as their new dog! Here are pictures of "Daisy" and Gilligan!

...does anyone know how to make it so her eyes don't look like this?

And....Gilliga n
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: She's home!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 04:06:49 pm »
Awwwe, she seems like a doll and she looks like a Daisy.  :)  Glad to hear she's transitioning well.  Just wait a week or two though and I'm sure you'll see the lab come out in her.........lo l.  ;)  And it's wonderful to see Gilligan again.  Glad he's doing so well at your future in-laws.  :)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 04:08:39 pm »
Aw, daisy is a cutie... Glad she is doing well. and also, glad to hear Gil is enjoying himself :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 06:01:11 am »
Okay, I can't find it, sorry.  But I think she keeps a gallery of pictures of eyes and just copy and pastes a decent pic over the glary one.  I've tried using my computers red eye thinger and all it does is turn my guy's eyes a funny colour.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 07:48:18 am »
Thanks SO MUCH everyone! I am just loving her, and Gilligan is the apple of the in-laws eye, and even though they don't know a lot about Newfs, I feel glad that I can help them!
Ready to be bombarded with Daisy pictures over the course of the next few days? :D
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 08:03:41 am »
Hello, Daisy!  She is an absolute doll!  I love the car ride pic and the basketball pic.  Look at those paws...she's gonna be a big girl!!!
Gilligan is at your in-laws?  I missed something...bu t that's cool.   he looks like a sweetheart.

dobe girl

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 03:55:11 pm »
Daisy is B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!

Offline FXgirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 04:06:19 pm »
If you don't want glowing eyes, don't use the flash.  You will need lots of light from a different source though and is hard to achieve in the house.  Photos with natural light taken outside are always the best.  I find flash photos are never flattering, for people or dogs.  The fur looks too shiny, the eyes glow, the camera picks up micro dust floating in the air and there is too much contrast.  You did get some good photos though and those are the ones that have the natural lighting.

Like others said, you can do some work in Photoshop if you have that program.

Enjoy your pup!

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 11:25:20 pm »
Daisy is gorgeous! 
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Kirsti

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 01:27:23 pm »
Oh My! She is sooo cute!! I can't get enough of her! I love her name too!  Oh what fun!   ;D

~Kirsti

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 01:57:52 pm »
If you don't want glowing eyes, don't use the flash.  You will need lots of light from a different source though and is hard to achieve in the house.  Photos with natural light taken outside are always the best.  I find flash photos are never flattering, for people or dogs.  The fur looks too shiny, the eyes glow, the camera picks up micro dust floating in the air and there is too much contrast.  You did get some good photos though and those are the ones that have the natural lighting.

Like others said, you can do some work in Photoshop if you have that program.

Enjoy your pup!

Thanks for the tips! I don't know a thing about photography, but love to take pictures, haha. There is a lot of natural light in our kitchen during the day, I guess I'll just be camera happy then :D
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab