Author Topic: Detective Work!  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Detective Work!
« on: February 27, 2009, 05:54:20 am »
This is so exciting, y'all. I'm finding out about the breeder of my grandma's lhasa from his AKC registration papers (which are very sketchy).

So far I know who bred him, and that they were USDA certified and the litter was registered, that they sold him to ****'s kennel, and that that man sold him to Lynnhaven mall's pet store two days later. That man died in a fire on his farm. I also know that his sire was 7 years old, and his dam was only 1 year old when the litter was born in 1999.  >:(

Basically this has opened my eyes to what goes on in a puppymill. They breed as many litters as they can, ship the puppies off to someone who then ships them off to pet stores, to be sold to whoever thinks they're cute. My grandma got him from someone later, not from the pet store. This is fascinating. The dog came from Missouri, origonally.

I know I'm just ranting, but this fascinates me.
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Detective Work!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 06:58:32 am »
I also st found out that they also breed boston terriers, cairn terriers, silky terriers, chihuahuas "and more!"

I hate puppymills.

How can I find out if they are in good standing with the AKC? Or if any lawsuites have been filed against them? Or if animal control has ever been called?

I have a phone number, if I should call, what would be good questions to ask?
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007