Author Topic: Gus is 5 Months Old!  (Read 4253 times)

tralfazmom

Gus is 5 Months Old!
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:04:18 am »
I know it isn't a huge milestone but Gus is getting SO big. It seems as if we searched and waited forever for him and now the last 3 months have flown by as fast as the fur :) How is it possible to fall in love and learn so much from these creatures? I don't even mind the drool, poo, hair, and occasional smell that comes along with him ;D This board has made his puppyhood so much less stressful. Thank you all for sharing your stories and wisdom and for answering my questions before they are even asked. I hope you don't mind being there when the terrible teenage pranks begin!

tralfazmom

Re: Gus is 5 Months Old!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 09:35:53 am »
Dear Greta,
  Thank you for the kind words. What is it with Labs and mud? I have a cousin Remy who rolls in it every chance he gets, especially the day after a bath :) We go to the same puppy class and Remy just doesn't want to be teacher's pet! I really like being the good boy around here, there are TONS of yummy treats for pups who mind their manners.
  I have one little secret vice though, if Mom isn't looking I really like the cat's food ;) Shhh, if you don't tell her she'll never know.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:48:12 am »
Gus is one handsome fella!  :-* next time you blink he will be a year old  :P I too ask, where the time goes?  :o
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

tralfazmom

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 12:10:18 pm »
Greta,
  I don't usually put my ears down but I really hate that little camera in my face so I ALWAYS turn my head. From the day I arrived here, even on the long car ride home, every time a camera would appear I turn my head and usually to the left. I don't think there is a single picture of my left side:)
My mom has tried treats, other people offering a favorite toy, even squeaky things, but so far no luck.
  Do you think if we are really good pups and stay on the straight and narrow we will grow up to look as good as People Whisperer's Lily? I loved the pictures of her racing in the snow. How come when I run around in the snow my coat gets all curly and messy, and she looks so beautiful?

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 02:13:39 pm »
Gus,

I don't know about ever lookin' like Lily. ??? I kinda think she's a beauty queen in real life. Not that we aren't stunning & handsome, but Lily is sorta like :-* Marilyn Monroe. :-*

You guys crack me up! Sorry, Lily can't respond as she is barking her head off in the backyard  ::)
She is a princess indeed but it's not necessary the best outcome you want to have with your pups, I swear!!!!! Besides being nice and not getting into stuff  ;D (shhh, Gus, we are not telling on you liking that cat food  ;) :D)     
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 02:17:08 pm »
Y'all are too funny!  Gosh Gus is getting so big!  Handsome and big.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience