Author Topic: Speaking of dogs dreaming.. check out this video  (Read 5326 times)

Lyn

Speaking of dogs dreaming.. check out this video
« on: March 04, 2009, 04:59:56 am »
This dog is having one serious dream. I thought Bubba and Lola were bad... this dog takes the cake and them some.  :o

http://www.break.com/index/sleeping-dog-runs-into-wall.html

Just figured I better add a disclaimer for the website there are some tasteless videos on that site.. Although I just linked to the one of the dog.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 05:13:35 am by Lyn »

Lyn

Re: Speaking of dogs dreaming.. check out this video
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 05:17:29 am »
I think he's fine, he just seems confused. I've never seen a dog actually get up while dreaming. :o

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 05:18:00 am »
OH! Poor Baby! Is it wrong that this made laugh?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 05:20:16 am »
No I laughed too after I realized he didn't hurt himself.  :D

Offline FXgirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 06:27:57 am »
There are a few more videos of this dog on youtube.  There is one where he stands up, hackles raised and growls and barks in his sleep.

I dunno, I found the videos a bit disturbing to watch.  I'm interested to know what is up with that dog.  There is no way that's normal.

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 06:32:21 am »
Hmmm I didn't know that. I just searched youtube.. Your right there is something not right with that dog. :(

Mods go ahead and remove this if you like....

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 01:29:56 pm »
I've actually done a little reading on this in the past.  I think what's going on with him is, the part of his brain that keeps you stationary when you're dreaming is not working in him.  I watched a program a while ago about this.  Now mind you I don't condone this in any way, but the researchers had intentionally gone in and disabled the part of the brain of cats that paralize them in their dreams, and some of the cats shown were doing just wild things, it looked like some were fighting other cats, some were rolling around purring like crazy, some chased invisible things.  So my quazi (but not really) educated guess is just that.  The part of his brain that keeps him motionless while dreaming does not work. 

Now that said, I sure hope he never actually hurts himself or others, and I seriously hope that his owners realize something is wrong, and get him to a vet, or do something so he doesn't get hurt.  :)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 01:43:23 pm »
That makes a sense...

According to what her owners wrote on youtube they say there is nothing wrong with her and that she's done it since she was a pup. ::) The other video I saw almost looked like the dog was having a seizure. :'( I don't know how they can just dismiss that as normal.  ???

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 01:49:07 pm »
Well...I'm no expert mind you, just a concerned BPOer on my 2nd glass of wine.  But I think the owner is either FOS, or she needs to get a second opinion.  It's funny to watch, but what if he were to hurt himself, or say attack and kill the cat whilst dreaming that he's defending his master from a giant monster?? 

I don't know, again, it could be the wine talking.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Lyn

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 01:52:21 pm »
LOL.. No I agree with you.. she's FOS.

I think she should show those videos to her vet...

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 04:44:21 pm »
Poor dog, yes, I agree, he could indeed hurt himself sometime from these "dreams." What if he were near stairs sometime sleeping, lept up, and fell down them?  :(

On a side note, Dolly dreams too and barks lightly in her sleep; so cute and funny to watch!  :D
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."