Author Topic: Poultry free kibble suggestions?  (Read 6291 times)

Lyn

Poultry free kibble suggestions?
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:22:15 am »
Bubba and Lola have both been on Orijen for ages.. Both the adult and the 6 fish. I think it's time for a new food. Lola is licking excessivly to the point that her saliva is staining her fur (see pic). Bubba is also licking and rubbing his face on the carpet after eating.

I think it's time to try a kibble with no poultry and see if that helps? Preferably grain free..Any suggestions?

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Poultry free kibble suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 08:29:38 am »
Poor pups  :( Those stains don't look very good
You could try Natures Variety Duck or Rabbit Formula or Merrick Buffalo one  :-\
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 08:51:20 am »
Athena is allergic to chicken. I give her Nutro sensitive stomach which is herring based. Eagle pack has a fish based as well.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline FXgirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:06:24 am »
I have a dog with "issues".  He eats Solid Gold's Barking at the Moon which has ocean fish, beef and potatoes with no eggs, chicken, duck, turkey OR grains which he can't eat either.

It is expensive though.  A 33lbs bag costs about $75 CAD.  My guy is getting older and pretty inactive so a bag lasts me about a month and a half.

This time of year he starts getting very uncomfortable with seasonal allergies and itches/licks himself.

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 01:23:05 pm »

I did find another poultry free kibble but it's fish.. Taste of the wild Pacific stream.. but it's made by Diamond. :-\ Not sure if I want to go there though..

I was feeding Kira and Gunner TOTW.  We were rotating varities, but I was having to drive 50 miles one way to Lawton, OK to get because I couldnt get it here in town.
Our local tractor supply store wouldnt special order it even though they carried diamond products, Jerks!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:30:04 pm by KiraNGunnersmom »
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak