Author Topic: bad, bad, bad Clifford  (Read 4030 times)

lookingfornewf

bad, bad, bad Clifford
« on: March 06, 2009, 07:58:24 am »
I just came home from shopping to find a pancake turner on the carpet and about a half gallon of oil all over the kitchen floor. I yelled bad bad dog and Annie ran to her cage and Clifford ran outside. They probably have no idea why they are in trouble only to stay away from me. I do accept partial blame. I try to remember to put everything away before I leave. I didn't eat breakfast this morning before I left to go to an eye doctor appt about 40 minutes away (that didn't go well either. When I got there they said my appt was for next Friday, the new girl must have made a mistake when she told me the date they said) I forgot I left stuff out from dinner last night because we were busy cleaning and resealing the tile, don't think the oil will hurt it.
I'm guessing this probably isn't the end of clean up either. I don't know how much they slurped up, but it's bound to upset their tummies. I guess it's time to put Clifford in his crate again when I go out. :P

lorim2

Re: bad, bad, bad Clifford
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:53:47 am »
I am so there too!
Cattabrie is my queen of destruction, and I had her in the crate until she cut her foot. Now she has to wear the cone collar so as not to eat her bandage and doesn't fit in the cage without a total freakout. I tried gating her in the kitchen...but she sherman tanked the gate down and got the run of the house anyway. In the last two weeks she has eaten 2 pairs of snowboots, one pair of italian slingbacks, one pair of leather slippers, one pair of gloves, one phone, part of a gate, and two couch throws. To make matters worse she has reintroduced the joy of destruction to Strider, who has contributed to a few of the messes.
Stella

Poor Stella but if Strider looked at me with those eyes it would all be over!  Poor Strider couldnt have done anything wrong ;D

Offline NewfFan

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 11:59:49 am »
Emily, Stella,
I feel for both of you and your naughty, naughty dogs! Hehehe. We say around here that when the dogs chew something up that they were just doing a little art work, you know, trying different materials and creating some masterpieces for us. Currently shoes are the medium of choice.
-Chantel-
Owned by:
Daisy, AKC Black Lab
Max 3 year old AQHA gelding

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:02:33 pm »
I guess I've been lucky.  My dogs have usually chosen to destroy other people's things and not my own.  ;D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 12:32:50 pm »
Poor Emily and Stella!  I remember those days but at least they have been many moons ago.  I got really lucky with Kaila and Shiner.  Neither one has been that destructive.  As long as you don't include their bodies in the destruction.   ::)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

jesday

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 02:34:38 pm »
Poor Clifford - set up again. I think he was merely sleeping on the floor under the counter and Annie used him as a step stool. He started to correct her and she tried to pour the oil on him. He got out of the way in time so she threw the pancake turner.

Her timing was a bit off when you came home before she could pretend she'd been in her cage all day.

Don't you worry Clifford. You just come on over to our house. ;D

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 04:13:05 pm »
Could be worse.  I had a dog who got the cooking oil and dumped it ON THE CARPET!!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us