Author Topic: Oh yay! Let the shedding begin!  (Read 7317 times)

Lyn

Oh yay! Let the shedding begin!
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:17:17 pm »
Rewind to this afternoon and I decided to give Lola a bath and try to get some of the saliva stains off her legs. I get everything ready in the tub and call Lola. Instead Bubba runs and jumps into the tub. Hmmm ok well then I guess he's first.

I had already used the furminator on him twice so I wet him and lather him up.. regardless I'm still caked in hair. I finish rinsing him off.. the water isn't going down. I'm thinking the screen is clogged.. NO stupid me forgot to put the screen in the drain to catch the hair. I clogged the drain err Bubba did! :D I get him out of the tub cursing the entire time, dry him off quickly and shooo him out of the bathroom and get out the drain cleaner. It took me over 2 hours to clean the bathroom, 3 bottles of drain cleaner and an a straightened coathanger to unclog the drain. :-[

So while I was messing around with the drain Bubba is running around the living room and kitchen. The fact that he's soaked and shedding like a wildebeest didn't cross my mind at that moment. Until I walked out there. He must have rolled and rolled and rolled on the carpet. He seriously didn't miss on inch. There were chunks of hair all over the kitchen floor and because he was still quite wet the water helped his hair stick everywhere he shook. There were even chunks stuck to the fridge and stove.  :o

I gave up after that and never even bathed Lola. LOL

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Oh yay! Let the shedding begin!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:50:45 pm »
hahahahahahaha haaaa!!!  I'm sorry Lyn, I'm laughing WITH you trust me!  Miss Naja is a never ending shedding machine!!  I cannot let her out of the bathroom until she is at least 90% dry, otherwise our mostly dark furniture is like white shag!  ::)  Also we keep Liquid Draino constantly on hand, we use it about once a week (with 3 long haired women and 1 long haired dog, we have to). If it helps I'd offer to come over and help you clean it up.  ;)  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 02:00:53 pm »
LOL! I didn't even finish cleaning it up. :P After all I still need to bath Lola. :D

But.. I did clean the bathroom after I unclogged the drain, then I swept wet hair from the kitchen floor and wiped down the cupboards and the appliances while cursing like a sailor! LOL The carpet and the furniture look horrid or should I say harry, LOL I hope we don't have surprise company. :P

Thank god he couldn't get to the beds.. The doors are kept shut for that reason. ;D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:01:55 pm by Lyn »

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 03:34:16 am »
Thank goodness we're not the only ones who buy Liquid Plumber by the case!   :D  Thanks for the coat hanger tip though!

Hope you found time for an adult beverage after it was all over!! 

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 04:32:13 pm »
I know what you mean! that wonderful time of year is upon us again! I am having terrible allergies -because apparently I am only allergic to my big dog when he's shedding like there's not tomorrow... to think we have to do this twice a year!

Personally, since I live alone and my bathroom is teeny tiny, I've just decided to give up on attempting to bathe Lucca myself... instead, in about a month's time when he's due for one again, I'm taking him to a groomer to have a bath... let them deal with it!
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 07:06:08 pm »
I don't mean to laugh at your problem, but I can't help it!  I can only picture your bathroom and kitchen...I know how much hair and water Sierra gets around the house and she doesn't even have the long shaggy coat she should.

I've begun using a dryer on her because she likes to rub herself dry on the walls and couches, so we usually have wet hairy streaks down our walls!

It's amazing how much hair those animals retain.  I can furminate my cat Oscar for hours a day and he'll STILL have mounds of hair coming out!  Hmmm...  maybe that's why he's so fat... ;)
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 05:07:35 am »
I thought I killed my vacuum yesterday but I just snapped the belt. Hmmmm, burnt rubber. LOL

I'm still finding clumps of hair even after brushing and brushing him. His hair isn't really all that long either, but his mom was a rough coat. So he has kinda combination fur. :D Although he's still considered a smooth coat. Lola's parents were both smooth coat so her fur is much shorter and she seems to shed less honestly. Or maybe it just seems that way since her fur doesn't come out in clumps. :-\

I still haven't bathed Lola. I probably should do it today. It's still a little chilly here for an outdoor bath though.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 05:25:29 am »
That is why I only have 1 long hair in the house(Buckley the kitten). HAHA! After having a pyr and malamute I'm all "haired out"!! But I sure can picture it.
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 02:44:17 pm »
 ;D  :D  ;D  Thanks for the huge grin that you gave me.  With 3 - 90+ lb. long-haired & double-coated dogs, I so sympathize.  There are days that I wonder what life would've been like if I'd fallen in love with some small breed like a Westy, but there's just nothin' like our BP's, even when there's fur eeeevvvverywhe re!  I bet that Bubba looks and smells wonderful now though, doesn't he?   ;D  Kisses to the big, sweet-smellin' boy!   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees