Author Topic: New here  (Read 8240 times)

Offline samsmom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New here
« on: March 11, 2009, 12:54:08 pm »
Just wanted to say hello. I am proud to be owned by 14 wk old Sam. He is just so great. I was going to say good but sometimes he is bad/good. ;) I love all your great stories and information. I have owned or been owned by big dogs all my life but this is my first Pyr. He is an experience. Can't wait to cont. to hear about all your great dog/kids.
Chris

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:07:36 pm »
Hi Chris!  Welcome to BPO!

I'm Ruthanna, mom to 3 puppirs - a Pyr named Ursa and two Newfs named Fargo and Sadie!

Pyrs are certainly a unique breed, aren't they?  You'll get lots of info about them here!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 01:11:16 pm »
Welcome!!! Congratulation s on your new pyr pup! I can't wait to see more pictures of Sam :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Laureada

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:27:55 pm »
Welcome. Sam is adorable.

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:45:04 pm »
Hi Sam and Chris!  Welcome aboard...haha You will love all the great ppl and good info on this board.  Cant wait to see more pics of your baby...I am Lori and I have a small zoo!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 03:30:45 pm »
Welcome to BPO from one Chris to another.  ;)
Sam is a cutie!

As mentioned, my name is Chris, and my canine crew consists of Keiko a husky/shep mix, Gunther a great dane, and Nigel and Posey two rat terriers.

Offline PyrPack

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 06:22:50 pm »
Welcome to the life of a Pyr owner. I fostered for an all breed rescue, so I ended up with a lot of dog experience (about 40 dogs in 3 years). I'm actually a cat person.  That's why the only dogs I've owned have been Pyrs. They can be very independent, aloft one minute and cuddling the next.  Training them takes as much patience as training a cat.  And of course, here in Southern California, the fur is always an issue. But I can't talk myself into any other breed. I like the independence, and they are mellow and loyal.  I like my dogs the way I like my men . . . big, long-haired and floppy-eared  ;)

Offline samsmom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 04:20:58 am »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have already learned a lot from reading your posts. I will deff. post some pics of the "hammy" Sam  :)Thanks again.
Chris

Offline faye

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 04:28:07 am »
welcome!  my 2 pyrs are little monsters but I love them anyway

Offline Rudys mama

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 02:41:26 am »
Hi Chris,
  Just started here yesterday!  It sure is nice to recieve all these warm welcomes, isnt it?  It will keep you coming back!  Well.... welcome and I hope to hear more about you and your Pyr.  You will soon think  that a Pyr is the worlds most perfect dog.  As that is what happened to me! :( :)
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.  ~Ben Williams