Author Topic: Leonberger question  (Read 10866 times)

jesday

Leonberger question
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:04:29 am »
I took Syrus to the dog park today and some people showed up with 3 Leonbergers. They were on their way home from a dog show in Seattle having just competed. (I didn't ask how they placed. Is that rude?)

One was an 8 month-old pup who was absolutely gorgeous. This was actually my first time seeing this beautiful breed in person so I was quite entertained watching them move about.

The pup had the most wonderful gait, particularly in her hind quarters. The other two were too busy jumping and sniffing and playing to really see them just kind of trotting.

Is this a particular trait of Leon's? Kind of a springy yet very graceful movement?

By the way, I got major kudos for knowing what the breed was. They don't run into many people in these parts who do. Thanks to the educational benefits of BPO I knew my stuff. ;)

Offline FXgirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Leonberger question
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:20:43 am »
When their "on" switch is activated they're like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh! 

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:52:47 am »
I don't have an answer for you.  I just wanted to say how jealous I am, I've never seen a Leo in person either, and sooo want to!  ;) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:01:06 am »
I can't really answer, I've only seen one (kinda) it was in a car in Vegas. So so pretty, *he looked really dirty though)  ;D

~Kirsti