Author Topic: Pippin isn't feeling well...  (Read 8873 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Pippin isn't feeling well...
« on: August 17, 2005, 10:59:14 pm »
My poor little guy isn't feeling well...He threw up bile a couple of times today that I saw...& I saw one stool that was loose but had a little soft formed stool in it...He had almost no interest in his McDonalds hamburger today & spent quite a bit of time outside wanting to be by himself...afte r dinner this evening my hubby went out in the yard to get him & couldn't find him...He had dug himself a hole under a large bush behind our shed & was lying in it...He seems more thirsty than usual &has spent the whole evening sleeping...He hasn't eaten his food today at all that I've seen...The only thing I can think of is last night I gave both Pippin & Sammysome raw beef tips as I was putting the beef in the crock pot to slow cook...If he isn't feeling better by morning I will call the vet but I'm wondering what you all think.

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: Pippin isn't feeling well...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 11:23:43 pm »
Fluffy threw up like that this moring. Tonight she's as obnoxious as ever.

Not to laugh at yours and Pippin's distress, but I've got to laugh at the context sensitive ad Google put above you post!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 11:32:23 pm »
Fluffy threw up like that this moring. Tonight she's as obnoxious as ever.

Not to laugh at yours and Pippin's distress, but I've got to laugh at the context sensitive ad Google put above you post!

OMG!!!...Now, that's funny!!!...Do ya' think the powers that be were giving me a subtle hint to just relax?...lol!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 12:49:31 am »
I might..what of it?..lol! :P :D Yes, I'll feel like a very tired idiot in the morning but he just isn't himself..Why does the (by all appearances) extra water drinking bother me so?

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 02:01:26 am »
Just keep an eye on him and see how de does in the am...sounds like an upset tummy he is trying to fix..try the pepto.....You gave him raw beef tips?  Sometimes beef is hard on a young system.   When I started raw feeding we started with chicken - beef I didn't do fo awhile....  Bet he will be better in the am...

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 06:42:27 am »
How is sweet Pippin doing.  You may want to give him a gas-x.  The last time Sugar Bear had gax I took him to two different vets thinking it was something bad wrong.  As for the exhale, I have been know to wake Sugar Bear up just to make sure he is only sleeping.  My thinking is he can go back to sleep and if I am sure he is ok I will sleep.  Please please hug Pippin for us.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

ann

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 07:35:59 am »

poor little boy ,i hope he's better today did ya try the chicken broth..

ann

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 07:40:25 am »
Her last post was almost 2 am. I bet she won't be on for a while yet.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 08:08:26 am »
Hope he's feeling better today.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 11:09:09 am »
Any updates on Pippin today?  I hope he is feeling better....
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 11:42:17 am »
Her last post was almost 2 am. I bet she won't be on for a while yet.
I stayed up with Pippin until after 3...Then got up to get my kids off to school at 6:15...Pippin was acting more like himself this morning...He chewed on Sam's head for awhile & smacked him with his paws & that's always a pretty good indication that he feels good...lol...M y hubby is home & was nice enough to offer to take care of the dogs & other critters so I went to bed...in my own bed (I usually sleep on the family room floor with the dogs...lol!) & slept like I haven't in I don't know how long!...Thank God school has started!...lol!...When I got up the dogs were muddy up to their knees & my kitchen floor was a mess & my hubby was falling asleep on the couch saying, "they just came in...DO NOT let them back out"!...lol!...How can 2 sweet dogs be any work..huh?...LOL!....Anyway, Pippin seems like he is feelign better...He ate this morning &, as I mentioned, seems like his naughty self again...He is sleeping right now...I guess keeping Daddy busy takes alot out of a pup...lol...I didn't know that raw beef was hard on a puppy's tummy...Ty for the info.!...I just give them some raw meat here & there as a treat...but I'll remember that!...I'm not so sure raw would go over very well here...Pippin got a belly ache (if that's what caused it) & Samson threw up about 15 seconds after he ate his...My guys are way too domesticated.. .lol!...I tried the chicken broth, Ann...He just wasn't interested last night...Thanks though!...b.t.w., for some reason my cell phone is getting no service...I'll call you on my calling card in a bit..Have a good day everyone! ;D

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 03:30:30 pm »
They probably would love raw..just got to start them slow and get their little digestive systems use to not having to digest processed foods.  Next time try chicken...chic ken wings are good and they love to rip and crunch...  but I usually start with chicken then add other stuff...turkey ..then a little beef..  just takes their wild dog systems a chance to kick in...  also got to watch raw beef bones...beef bones are hard and may chip teeth...  Also was reading that beef that stands next to roads etc also has an incident of lead that has leached into the bones...that is interesting...  Anyway, try chicken wings next time....they will love them...And remember..NO COOKED BONES!!!!  they splinter and can injure the digestive tract....

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 05:52:27 pm »
Ty Brigid!...Maybe for a treat I'll try that sometime...I've no problem with raw meat I just don't want to feed it as a main diet...treats no problem so I'll try the chicken next time...Thanks again!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 06:34:19 pm »
no problem Gyp...  Mmmm chicken treats...lol  My pooches eat veggies, oatmeal, meat...actuall y they eat better then the two-legged people in this family...lol

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 07:09:37 pm »
That's so funny!...My dogs like raw carrots & peas so I give them to them...I feed a holistic kibble that has veggies & fruit in it...I like the idea of the veggies & fruit for the dogs.