Author Topic: Pippin isn't feeling well...  (Read 8880 times)

dohertyswissy

Re: Pippin isn't feeling well...
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 09:46:18 am »
Like I mentioned in my other post...my freaking internet connection has been on the fritz, so I haven't been able to post since Wednesday and only able to view things sporadically!  Blugh!

Anyhow....I'm sooo glad little Pippin is feeling better.  Sweet baby!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 10:18:18 am »
glad everything is ok  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 01:08:59 pm »
Gyp - with the fruits and veggies...run them through a food processor or jucier and give them the pulp as well as the juice...  They can digest the veggies and fruits much better so they get all the vit. out of it.... In the wild when a pack of dogs gets a deer or something they eat the stomach contents which would be partially digested plant stuff...  Green leafys are the best.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 04:42:57 pm »
I am so glad to hear Pippin is feeling better, I know all about staying up at night to make sure they are okay lol..... and like forever said. usually the only thing that comes after that is a very very tired mommy hehe

He can very well just have had a bit of an upset belly, just like anyone can, not anything serious or dangerous, just uncomfortable

Give him hugs

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 05:20:41 pm »
Thanks everyone!...Pippin is feeling better but I think he is too thin & he & sammy both don't seem to care for the foods they are on...I am going to start to switch them within the next few days.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 05:26:49 pm »
I didnt realize that Sammy didnt eat well either..... poor babies, dont like their food  :D I bet ya they have planned it just to make mommy switch food hehe

Marit

smohr

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 06:53:34 pm »
I meant to reply to this one, but forgot.  Have you ever given your babies Phazyme or Gas-X when they have a bellyache from eating something disagreeable?  I got that advice (free of charge from my vet) when (especially) my dane or Neo-boy threw up or had the poops. :o

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 07:38:25 pm »
Ty!...I will remember that!...I usually use the doggy Pepto.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2005, 12:51:46 pm »
I am going to pick up the chicken formula of the brand I am feeding today...Last night out of frustration I gace Pippin cat food & he chowed down big time!...It is definitely the food they don't like...It's the lamb & rice formula...I wonder if them being sheep gaurdians it is a conflict of interest for them?...lol!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2005, 12:56:43 pm »
I am going to pick up the chicken formula of the brand I am feeding today...Last night out of frustration I gace Pippin cat food & he chowed down big time!...It is definitely the food they don't like...It's the lamb & rice formula...I wonder if them being sheep gaurdians it is a conflict of interest for them?...lol!

hahahaha lmao that is too funny, maybe you should try the veggo style dog food. I overheard a vet in petsmart who has her dog with her to work, the trainer and the vet were talking and apperently the vets dog is a vegitarian, not because of allergies or other health problems its mommy (the vet) was vegitarian too and wanted her doggy to be that also hehe poor poor puppy. I bet they will eat better when they dont have to eat what they protect lol...

Marit

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2005, 01:18:50 pm »
Marit - I totally have books that give samples of vegitarian dog diets...  I can understand wanting to be a vegan...I was for awhile once (until i needed a big fat juicy hamburger..lol) but I don't think I could turn my dogs into one.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2005, 01:30:49 pm »
I used to not eat meat either, just because I kept thinking about where it came from and got a sick feeling to my stomach. now I eat meat, just very picky with it. Malin is not eating meat or fish and Im telling you, it is hard enough to try and give her a nutritious diet let alone trying to feed my dogs veggo food. Everything like doggy cookies, treats and basically everything you give them have meat in it or some kind.

I wonder how hard it would actually be, I mean you cant just cut the meat out, you have to replace the protein and all with something else. I am not concidering feeling them vegitarian food, but it would be real interesting to read about how to. Do you have to title of the book, hmmmm haha I bet you Malin is going to want to make her dog Zeus into a vegitarian lol  :D

Marit

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2005, 01:47:36 pm »
Marit - lol she probably will want to...most of the books about raw feeding or holistic feeding have a section for Veggie dogs...  I don't usually read those sections so I am not sure how they are replacing the protien.  Billinghurst's "give your dog a bone" has a vegitarian section (its a good book just for the info on the supplements), also Pitcairn's holistic dog/cat book also has a doggie vegitarian section. 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2005, 02:22:33 pm »
Thanks brigid, I cant believe I have never seen the veggo section in raw feeding books, hmmmm guess that shows how well I read those books hehe. I have never been a raw feeder and even though I am very interested in the nutrition part I cant say I know a whole lot about raw feeding or have read a lot about it. And hahahaha Malin wont be going near a book about raw feeding lol.....

marit

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2005, 02:38:13 pm »
Well, I just skip the vegan sections of those books..  I just started raw feeding about 2 wks before I got Willow....  I like it.  it has been kind of fun..but it was very overwhelming at 1st.  I can really tell the difference in the poms.  irie has thinned out and gunner's breath isn't so bad anymore..he had trerrible teeth.  Now they are a lot whiter from the bone eating.  Irie doesn't really do the bone thing yet but we are working at it...  she is a bit picky.  It is funny cause I hate to cook but I have been having fun doing the dog food thing...  And I have learned so much!!  which is very cool....