Author Topic: miss my pyrs  (Read 13866 times)

Offline gaagaa4goldens

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • "Can we come out to play?"
    • View Profile
Re: miss my pyrs
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 04:31:35 am »
I was cruising petfinder for pyr pups and pyr mix pups, and I found this little guy.  Check him out!  He's adorable.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13264556

Anybody have experience with pyr/assuie mixes?  My brother has an aussie and he's very reserved and very protective. That may just be my bro's dog. I don't know.  I don't have much experience with aussies.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:32:40 am by pyrparent »

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 05:04:24 am »
I think it is unfair to try to make a LGD into a housedog.

???????  Pyrs make wonderful house dogs- the reason the farmers raise them outside is so they will bond with livestock to encourage the guarding instinct.  Most Pyrs would MUCH rather be in the house with the humans.    Mine did have the opportunity to guard sheep - even in the midst of lambing if I invited them into the house rather than staying with the sheep they would knock you down getting to the house!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:06:09 am by patrick »

Offline gaagaa4goldens

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • "Can we come out to play?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 05:15:48 am »
I'm sure you are right...  I've just had several experiences with pyrs who I wanted to have as housedogs that didn't really like to be in the house.  just my own experience...  I have known many people with pyrs who are housedogs.  I just want the dog that I get to be happy... that's my only aspiration in life.