Author Topic: New to Board  (Read 10145 times)

Offline vonissk

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New to Board
« on: April 08, 2005, 03:04:51 pm »
Hello to everyone.  I am new here and just found this board by accident.  I have been in GSDs for over 20 years and they are the bomb!!!  I just recently got a new puppy--he is German, Dutch and DDR working lines.  Sable, my favorite color.  I named him Nashoba, which in Chickasaw (Indian) means wolf.  We live in Southern Oklahoma.  I moved here 2 years ago from Dallas TX but I did grow up here.  Nashoba has a "sister" Sadie who is 6, blk and tan and all German work lines also.  I have trained and competed in AKC Obedience and worked Schutzhund also.  Glad I found this board and hope to get to know everyone.  Minta

Offline WhiteShepherdDog

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Sable Shepherd
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 07:12:01 am »
Hi!
You can see I have a sable, too.
Jasper's sire and dam-Sieger/ Siegren from 1989 (imported to Dallas) are also DDR/E. German lines...
and white shepherd.

We are in agility, now. He is well-suited for it as he loves to perform.
I'm new, too.
Good to find an active board----
Regards,
Martha in Texas

Offline deafdanelvr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: New to Board
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 08:15:56 am »
Hi, your german shepherds are beautiful! I grew up with shepherds at my house. To this day my dad will only allow a german shepherd to live at his house. My little brother has wanted other dogs, but our dad just wont allow it :D. They are great dogs. Maybe someday far down the road when I don't have my hands full with my danes I'll own one.

Offline WhiteShepherdDog

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
I'd love a Dane, too!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 08:20:31 am »
Some day...maybe?
I just like big paws....
I recently met a breeder of Harlequin Danes in California- Payaso Danes....
These lovelies make me love 'em even more!
Regards,
Martha in Texas

Offline Jude2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 01:59:31 am »
Hi, I have just found this message board.  I live in Cumbria UK surrounded by lakes and mountains and miles from anywhere.  Have always had dogs but never a GSD before.  Molly is beautiful now 10 months.  I would love advice on how to give her fun games without getting hurt myself.  She is so strong and tug games, constant throwing is playing havoc with my elbows and shoulders. 

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 07:33:47 am »
Tina, It works wonders with Sasha if she has some extra energy to burn and I don't ...lol.. I just go for the flashlight.... problem solved ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Welcome, welcome to all of you newbies. You all have great looking dogs! Big paws are the best, so welcome again. The more paws on here the better.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.