Author Topic: Urgent rescue needed for 7 Samoyeds -Updated  (Read 3386 times)

jesday

Urgent rescue needed for 7 Samoyeds -Updated
« on: March 26, 2009, 04:30:27 am »
Trying to use the power of BPO networking. Viking Lady received the following email from a friend and we wanted to share it with as broad a base as we could. Another sad story.

If anyone is interested in seeing a photo of these gorgeous dogs, let me know and I can forward the email to you. My computer wouldn't recognize the file type to convert to post here. 

*7 Samoyed Dogs Need Home -Owner in Hospice     

Hi Friends,

Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this.  If you can be of help finding these pups a new home, please contact v.a.simmons@att.net
Roberta

There  are 7 pure-bred female Samoyeds who need a "forever home" because  their owner/breeder, Cathy Pendleton, is losing her battle with  breast cancer. She can no longer care for her dogs and has been  moved to Hospice after being in the hospital for a week. 
  I'm  giving this a wider distribution than usual, so some of you may  receive it more than once. Even though you may not be on a "rescue"  group email, I'm including you in the hopes that you can forward on  to the widest distribution so that these girls all have a chance to  find the perfect new home. The dogs are in the Atlanta , GA , area, but they will allow  them to be adopted out of state. 
  All  the owner/breeder wants is for all of these girls to get good homes.  Currently, they are not wanting to place any of the dogs in foster  care because they are trying to move the dogs only once. My  understanding is that the older animals have been spayed. Because  she is a breeder, the younger dogs are not spayed; however the new  family would need to have the dog spayed if she is less than seven  years. (The dogs range in age from 1.5 years to more senior  dogs.) 
  One  look at their picture (below) shows how extraordinaril y beautiful  these dogs are. (I count 8 in the picture, but perhaps one has been  placed already.) All are healthy and well cared for, up to date on  shots, heartworm, flea treatment, etc. The new "forever" home will  need to have a fenced yard with sufficient space for an active dog.  The folks who are placing the Samoyeds for the owner may do a home  visit either before, after, or both to ensure that the dog and their  new family are a good fit. 
  If  you think you might be interested after reading Velvet's email  (below), her contact info is v.a.simmons@att.net. 
   Thanks  for giving this the widest distribution possible. Following is the  email from the lady who is managing the adoption of these 7 lovely  ladies. 
  MJ 
   Hello,  everyone, 
  It is with great sadness  to pass along that my dog breeder, Cathy Pendleton, whom I love and  treasure, is losing her battle with breast cancer. She can no longer  care for her dogs. She is in hospice after being in the hospital for  a week.
  We are in the process of  placing her Samoyeds. If you know of anyone who would like a sweet  natured, playful pet, please let me know. She has all girls who  range from 1.5 years old to more senior dogs. All are healthy and  have been very well taken care of. New homes need to have space for  an active dog and a fenced in back yard. We may do a home visit to  ensure that these precious dogs and their new family are the right  fit. There is no cost, but the new family will need to spay the dog  if it is less than 7 years old. 
  They can move out of  state. The new family needs to be willing to stay in touch with the  "Sammy family." We will want to know how they are doing and if it is  working out, etc. 
  Let me know if you have  any leads. Thanks for your  help! 
  Velvet*
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:17:56 am by El'skids »

jesday

Re: Urgent rescue needed for 7 Samoyeds - Updated
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:57:34 am »
I'll check into this. We just got the email today. Thanks for the notice. I'll follow up if they have indeed been adopted.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:16:50 am by El'skids »

jesday

Re: Urgent rescue needed for 7 Samoyeds -Updated
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 05:23:21 am »
Okay, this is the response I got back:

*We appreciate all the outpour of interest and concern.  Please know that the dogs are being well taken care and are safe and sound with their new families.  All of the dogs were carefully placed in forever homes within three weeks of Cathy's passing on 2/21/09.  New families were heavily screened with home visits conducted.  Status updates tell us that all are settling in just fine.  All dogs have been spayed prior to going to their new home.

We received over 7,500 emails about the dogs from all over the country.  There are a lot of dog lovers among us.  If you are still interested in adopting a Samoyed, go to www.samoyedres cue.org and look for a contact in your state.  In the GA, TN, AL, SC area, please call or email Alice Barz, Sammy Rescue of Georgia at 770-725-9372 or bar-zsamrescue@mindspring.com.*

I decided to leave this post rather than delete it to show the other side of the coin. With so many stories of pups needing rescues, it tugs at all our hearts and makes us want to adopt each and every one of them. It's nice to hear the happy endings and know we are not the only ones who are affected so strongly.