Author Topic: From My Foster  (Read 3050 times)

bigdogs@5501

From My Foster
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:23:55 pm »
Nancy is fostering a 8 week old mostly pyr baby- I got this email from her today.

Sent: Sun 3/29/09 12:28 PM
To:  frankandted@comcast.net; paigesegovia@msn.com

Not having had a puppy in the house for 11 years, I've learned a few things over the past 2 weeks since Lucia came to visit.

Puppies like to be in refrigerators.  And toilets and cat litter boxes and cabinets.

Its hard to scoop poop or sweep with a pup on the end of the implement used to scoop/sweep.

Puppies have razor blades in their mouths.

Puppies rarely sleep at nite, but prefer to roam the house barking at the big dogs.

ALWAYS investigate strange sounds - and lack of sound in the household.

Pyr pups don't like crates and will certainly let you know rather vocally what they think of them.  All nite long.

Holes in pants are a fashion statement meaning "I have puppy".

Bare feet in the house are handy, it helps you find the pee puddles quicker and you don't have to change your socks as often.

Always follow your nose.  There is usually a surprise at the end of that smell.

Pyr pups don't have hair, they are biting machines covered in fleece.

Those little button eyes are not as cute at 4am as they are at noon.

Pups snap at raindrops, see every puddle as an opportunity, every toe, leg, ear, hair as a toy put on this earth for their entertainment.

Big dogs like to dig holes and hold puppies in them until pup decides to play nicely.  At least the big dogs who still have a sense of humor.

If you squint your eyes just right you can watch a Pyr puppy grow.  They double in size at least once a week.

EVERYTHING is an opportunity, everything is to be tasted, smelled, explored, dragged outside for inspection and promptly lost.

Puppies have no attention span - use this wisely and you may survive puppyhood.

And the most important lesson I have learned about puppies:

They grow up way too soon, so enjoy them while they are little.  Each day I find it a little bit harder to pick up Lucia and snuggle with her.  She is growing and changing so quickly, soon she will be too big to snatch up and blow raspberries on her little spotted belly.  So Id better do it now, while I can

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: From My Foster
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:32:51 pm »
I love it! Sounds like she is having a wonderful (?) time.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lookingfornewf

Re: From My Foster
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 03:26:37 pm »
That's wonderful, yep, sounds like fun puppy times to me.