Author Topic: Dog Breeds  (Read 8867 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Dog Breeds
« on: August 18, 2005, 01:42:18 pm »
I think about this alot, what breeds do I want in my life(not all at once of course).
I don't think I will ever be without of Doberman Pinscher, infact when I'm older I would love to show/breed/rescue Dobermans.
But throughout my life I would like to have a:
Small Breeds
Maltese
Miniature Pinscher
Papillon
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Shetland Sheepdog     

Medium Breeds
Cocker Spaniel
Doberman Pinscher
Weimaraner
Irish Setter
Gordon Setter
Golden Retriever
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Samoyed
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier    
Bull Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier
Rough Collie

Large Breeds
Saint Bernard
Newfoundland
Komondor
Bernese Mountain Dog
Kuvasz
Afghan Hound
Caucasian Mountain Dog
Great Pyrenees

I know I probably won't all these breeds but they are the ones I'm interested, just to pick out of the groups I would want a Maltese, Miniature Pinscher, American Pit Bull Terrier, Weimaraner, Doberman Pinscher, Caucasian Mountain Dog, Bernese Mountain Dog, Saint Bernard.

So what breeds do you want to own?
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

BabsT

Re: Dog Breeds
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 01:59:52 pm »
I almost got a CO but their coat is way to much for me to handle...I am also not as happy with the breeders....I am very happy with my CAO, a close cousin

I am interested in Dogo's, Kangals, Performance type Neo's  Boerboels and the thai ridgeback

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 03:21:51 pm »
My next dog I would like to get a Landseer Newf. Well....maybe another pyr. I just love big dogs! I don't think I could ever own a small hyper dog. Nothing against them they just have too much energy. I already have a toddler.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 03:25:29 pm »
There are WAY too many breeds that I like to list them all.  But I definitely want to get a chinese crested, cane corso, belgian tervuren, brussels griffon, american bullog, chinook, and whatever comes my way.

Some other breeds I have been looking into are the Caucasian Ovtcharka, Karelian Bear Dog, akita, american hairless terrier, portuguese water dog, papillon, olde english bulldogge, tibetan spaniel, kishu, greenland dog, norwegian buhund, finnish lapphund, eurasier, any and all bully breeds, and more that I am forgetting right now.

Some breeds I love, but will probably never get........... ..afghan hound, old english sheepdog, yorkies, bearded collies, english setters, parson russel terriers. 

I need at least 4 lifetimes to get all the breeds I want.  Since I also want to get mixed breeds, I will never even get close to my list I don't think.  Not unless I can get my hands on about 100 acres and make around 500K a year.

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 03:28:41 pm »
There's a ton of breeds that I'm interested in for mushing and as a pet:
Canadian Inuit dog (I want to try running a pure one)
Saarloos wolfhound
Alaskan klee kai
Norfolk terrier
Irish wolfhound
Pit bull
McKenzie River Husky
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

Blair

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 03:44:57 pm »
There is one breed that i want really bad and thats an Afghan Hound, I have wanted one forever and I WILL get one one day LOL I also like Filas. But I am pretty sure I will always have a Dane and Rottweiler  ;D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 04:35:01 pm »
I am interested in Dogo's, Kangals, Performance type Neo's  Boerboels and the thai ridgeback

I have met both a Kangal and a Thai Ridgeback.  The Kangal was quite aloof, similar to an Anatolian Shepherd, which is to be expected.  The Thai Ridgeback was actually very friendly - his name was Leon...   ;D

I like all the bigger dogs, but I do have a special fondness for Bull Terriers (for the smaller guys), Saint Bernards, Newfs, Pyrs, Leonbergers, and I love Tibetan Mastiffs.   
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 04:54:43 pm »
Well...

The next one will probably be a Landseer Newf. A female. However, I also would love to have a Neopolitan Mastiff, Old English Mastiff, a Bull Terrier, (THEY ARE SO COOL!) American Bulldog, and a Bloodhound. hehehe! Not all at once. But, those are my favorites.

As far as the little guys go....I like Norwich Terriers and Chinese Cresteds. Oh, and Boston Terriers.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 07:28:29 pm »
I always wanted a GSD...My whole life that was my favorite breed but when I decided to get my 1st dog & started doing research I was disappointed to find that it probably wasn't a breed that was compatible with us. :( Now that I have lived with & loved Great Pyrenees I will probably always have one...Who knows, maybe one day I will feel up to the challenge of a GSD...If so I will have one!...I also love Hounds!...I have always enjoyed the thought of having a Red Bone Coonhound.

BabsT

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 07:37:36 pm »
I have met 2 thais so far and they were very interesting... I did meet one kangal...there is a lot of controversy around the kangal and anatolian...bu t I like all LGD lol

smohr

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 07:41:56 pm »
If my house was big enough and my husband was in agreement (or if I could ever "dynamite" him outa here), I'd probably have (yes, all at once) two or three danes and a few Neapolitan Mastiffs (they are big lovable lugs.)  I love the Neapolitan Mastiff breed.  I had one and he was sooooo lovable, cuddly and kissy face.  He loved having his droopy jowls kissed   :-* and he loved big hugs.  He could get rough for all of 10 minutes of every day and that was it.  He had a bit of stubborn streak, but as soon as he saw me reach for my rolled-up newspaper, he became a real pleaser.   :D  I'd say he was just the sweetest tempered cutie around.  Next to Katie and Lady (the Danes I had) he ranked equal love with them.  Haha! 

Blair

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 08:32:59 pm »
I love the Chinese Crested

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 01:02:29 am »
I love the Chinese Crested

They're pretty cute when they're younger, but do they all get as ugly as that one that won the Ugliest Dog contest? That one is downright scary, lol.
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 06:51:19 am »
As for me I want Pyrs, Pyrs and more Pyrs.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 06:59:15 am »
Kristen,
That's funny that you say that. That is exactly why I decided not to get one. Well, I mean, not that I was SERIOUSLY considering one or anything, but I decided that if I were to get a little dog, it wouldn't be a Crested because they get so darn ugly when they get old. They get like, zits and stuff all over them! YIKES!