Author Topic: BPO Injuries  (Read 12088 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
BPO Injuries
« on: August 18, 2005, 08:36:43 pm »
Today Sanity went to give me a hug and when he came down his nail ripped into my arm from the inside of my elbow all the way down almost to my wrist.  I thought it was a scrape and I look down a few minutes later and said "Oh ****, that's alot of blood."  My arm is wrapped up in guaze now, but it got me thinking, how many times, in my year of life with Sanity has he injured me? 

The first night away from the breeders he slept on my chest (As I slept on Moni's couch).  He uncerimoniousl y popped me in the nose, which then spouted forth blood.  I was actually very excited, I informed Moni "Yay!  My first official Dane injury!", but there were more to follow. 

Mayhaps we shall only go with the big ones here, as the bitten tongues from head butts, twisted ankles from holes in the yard, dislocated shoulders from random on leah airborne moments, and bruises from general rough housing are far too numerous to mention.  There's the black eye, from him punching me in the head when I talked on the phone too long for his liking.  (OMG what did Matt do to you!?!?!?!?!)  The bruised ribs from smashing me into the car when he bolted after a bird.  (I think the ribs left imprints on the car)  The swollen and bruised shin bone (those who've had it KNOW how much it hurts) from a zoomie attack gone horribly horribly wrong.  And of course this recent gem which burns like a mother....... Hubbard. 

Do these suck?  Yes.  Are they a typical BPO trait?  Most likely.  Do they happen to little dog people?  I doubt it.  Is the pain and threats to your very health and existence worth it?  Totally.

OK now share your BPO injury stories.  I KNOW YOU HAVE THEM!

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

Re: BPO Injuries
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 08:41:54 pm »
Ang that is too funny. Mr. Grey hasnt really ever hurt me [he is too lazy], just the normal head butts hitting me in the face LOL. Only thing with Zeus is when he cut me with his dew claws, that hurt pretty bad. My dogs are really lazy LOL

BTW Happy belated Birthday to Sanity  ;D

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 09:18:06 pm »
OH my, I've had wayyy to many injuries to talk about but mostly it's the bruising all over my body from him running into me after a zoomie attack.  The very first night we brought Koby home he gave Tony a good head butt and left Tony with a bloody nose.  HAHHAHAAA.. Ang I know you'll think that's funny!

The most frequent injury is the permanent bruise I have on my right foot from Koby stepping on it all the time, also the permanent divits I have on my toes and feet from him doing a butt in the air stretch, he always digs his front TALONS into my toes.... other than that, I'm still waiting for a broken nose and black eyes...someday! lol

Andi

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 09:41:00 pm »
dinner is almost ready.....and chelle just sent me pix to resize....so i dont have much time...

two big ones that come to mind:

1-when cody was a pup, we were playing and he thought he needed to bite me...where?  right through the nose.  i had two holes in my nose, very nice.

2-when cody hit me head on in the nose....broke it.

have tons more....but NO TIME! 

i'll be back...and im sorry bout everyones pain..but man, it's worth it hey!  lol...look at how it brings us together!  lmao

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 09:58:53 pm »
It is too funny that you bring up this topic right now since I am currently on pain pills to reduce the pain I feel from my current BPO injury.  :) Last night I was playing chase with Bear (on all 4s of course) and he turned, jumped forward and hit me right in the forehead with his forehead. I instantly felt a shock run through my skull and into my spine. Ouch! I just sat still and didn't move...then cried out to Michael and Bear was like, "Mom? What is taking you so long to continue playing?"

Other than that though I get regular pops in the jaw and cheeks with his skull, clipped in the knee by his big body, toe nail punctures  through the tops of my feet and neck when he hugs me...and lots and lots of bruises. It is all worth it though. Every time I see a battle scar of mine I smile because it came from my dream dog with love!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 10:00:34 pm »
sorry ladies but OMG i got a laugh out of that. wow what we go through for these big ol baby's of ours. i know too well about the bruising and claws! i know about the zooming dogs that loose traction going down a hallway barreling into you. also about having to brace yourself because you know what is hallin butt down that hallway right to YOU! lol

Sophie LOVES to box! yes box, if you play with her she will lean back and it looks like she is tryin to slap fight. she has gotten me a good couple times but OMG its so funny! lol i think i have a pic of her doing it to my brother. i tell him to watch out cause she has  a long reach and will slap ya silly if you let her..lol

how we bond with our "Gentle" giants. lol they are so goofy when they get in the "Hyper speed". where they run and look so funny...lol

1st pic- her boxing with my brother..
2nd pic- we put her ears in a hair tie and she didnt care at all..lol  she has her bear playin with it. she loves that thing!

angel

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005, 10:23:52 pm »
Just two nights ago Pippin decided I should be awake to play with him & smacked me in the nose & jammed his claw up my nostril in the process...Big time Big Paw bloody nose!!...When Samson was about 7 months old I had him out to potty on a 16 ft. retractable leash...When he was done I turned to walk into the house all realxed like with my right arm to my side & slightly behind me...Well, Samson ran the other way full force...OMG!!!!!!!...I thought he'd tore my elbow out of socket...I couldn't use that hand for anything for several days.

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 10:57:30 pm »
Tulsa yanked me out of my chair on the patio, my left shoulder took out one of the awning supports, and the fool with the "Rat on a Rope" stood there , with his little rat dog, challenging Tulsa, asking me if I was O.K. I'm on my stomach, my dog not in her best behavior, she didn't like him, with or without his "Rat", dragging me through the flowers, to silence the little dog. I hung on and asked him to leave. He looked at me like, can't you control that beast! I hissed, "Get the f@&k out of here, or I'll turn her loose!"
I sold the place.
"Stupid people have Stupid Dogs"-Forrest Gump
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 11:01:10 pm »
Tulsa yanked me out of my chair on the patio, my left shoulder took out one of the awning supports, and the fool with the "Rat on a Rope" stood there , with his little rat dog, challenging Tulsa, asking me if I was O.K. I'm on my stomach, my dog not in her best behavior, she didn't like him, with or without his "Rat", dragging me through the flowers, to silence the little dog. I hung on and asked him to leave. He looked at me like, can't you control that beast! I hissed, "Get the f@&k out of here, or I'll turn her loose!"
I sold the place.
"Stupid people have Stupid Dogs"-Forrest Gump
John
LMAO!!!...I am sure it wouldn't be nearly this funny if it had been me...lol! :D

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 01:14:53 am »
Oh boy, I have a lot, lol.
Kallie has twisted my ankle by pulling me over on a patch of ice I didn't see. Tyrone did the same thing, but he twisted the leash around me and spun me around before I landed, lol.
Sherwen kinda did what Sanity did in the first post. He likes to lift up his paw, and when I reached down to pet him, his paw hit my arm and drew blood. Luckily it was a smaller cut, but it scarred (sort of). It happened earlier this summer, and the scar has been getting smaller and smaller.
The worst had to be when the team swerved once and smacked me into a tree. I cracked a rib a bruised a few.
I've also had the usual, large dogs sitting on feet (painfully, lol), getting slugged in the jaw by a paw, getting knocked into hard surfaces by a happy dog, etc. It's actually kinda funny after it happens, lol.
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 01:36:53 am »
Oh boy, I have a lot, lol.
Kallie has twisted my ankle by pulling me over on a patch of ice I didn't see. Tyrone did the same thing, but he twisted the leash around me and spun me around before I landed, lol.
Sherwen kinda did what Sanity did in the first post. He likes to lift up his paw, and when I reached down to pet him, his paw hit my arm and drew blood. Luckily it was a smaller cut, but it scarred (sort of). It happened earlier this summer, and the scar has been getting smaller and smaller.
The worst had to be when the team swerved once and smacked me into a tree. I cracked a rib a bruised a few.
I've also had the usual, large dogs sitting on feet (painfully, lol), getting slugged in the jaw by a paw, getting knocked into hard surfaces by a happy dog, etc. It's actually kinda funny after it happens, lol.
O.k...I am warped..I think it's  funny while it's happening...lo l!..Is that wierd? :-\ ;D

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 07:05:47 am »
Tina-WOOOOOOOOOOOOH! That is funny! Poor kid! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it!

Cabeza has only caused the top of the foot injuries. However, my pitbull Bo injured me all the time. Once, we were swimming and he decided that he HAD to be on my back. He swam up behind me and started paddling ON MY BACK! I had scratch marks all down my back, and I had to hear, "Woooh, you guys like it rough, huh?" ALL DAY after that! GOD!

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 07:17:53 am »
Well lets see most current injurys well hmmmmmm
I have scratchs on my forarm from not moving fast enough with his food he though he would help me along got three scratchs they all bleed will probably scar.
Last night he was zooming around the house and landing with all his weight on my right shoulder I was just getting off the couch to let him run it out out side where its safe it is already black and blue.
Last week I was walking him past a door and it was a tight fit and he had to stand right next to me and try to push us thru well my elbox got caught and it had all mine and his weight on it but luckily he just kept pushing and moved the silly old cartalidge in the elbow aside so we got thru to his liking.
A couple months ago Spike and Midnight were playing and they both landed on me all there weight and continued to fight on my lap someones nails dug in my thigh and gave a very very large gash in it it bleed like anything and I put Midnight in my mothers room and Spike in his cage to keep them away from me at that particular moment My mom and Pierre said I should have got a few stitchs but I let it heal on its own another scar to add to the list.
None of these were funny when they happend but I can laugh at them now as long as I do not laugh to hard cause my shoulder is still killing me.
Rachael and my abuser Spike

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005, 07:39:59 am »
OH my, I've had wayyy to many injuries to talk about but mostly it's the bruising all over my body from him running into me after a zoomie attack.  The very first night we brought Koby home he gave Tony a good head butt and left Tony with a bloody nose.  HAHHAHAAA.. Ang I know you'll think that's funny!

Andi

HAHAHAHA  Stupid Tony.

Ang

PS Sweety, Matt LOVES the hair! ;)
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

GR8DAME

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005, 07:45:23 am »
Aside from all the usual bumps bruises and scratches the worst was probably from Merlin. We were in obedience class doing a long free recall. Merlin came full speed, decided to put on the breaks about 5 feet in front of me, lifted his front feet and hit my left shoulder with full body wieght and both paws. I went flying backwards and landed on my butt, hit the brick wall behind me with my head and woke up in the ambulance. Mild concussion and 3rd degree shoulder separation. My trainer still tells the story to his incoming classes.
How can you not love such unbridled enthusiasm?