Author Topic: BPO Injuries  (Read 12094 times)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: BPO Injuries
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 07:58:48 am »
My two Pyrs are about waist high. When they want attention, my "family jewels" are in danger.

Lyn

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2005, 08:42:48 am »
Most of my owwies happened when Bubba was smaller. The worst by far was the puppy biting stage.. he'd bite anywhere and hang on. My side, my inner thigh and by the worst was my boob. Nothing like prying puppy jaws open off of your boob. LOL

Now that he's bigger he likes to stomp on feet, No bruises yet. But lots of scraps. He's pushed me into the the brick wall while running into the house. And smashed my knuckles into the door frame while we were going outside. That will teach me for hanging onto his collar. I always let go now before I open the door.  :D

The zoomies are bad also. I know I'm going to be hurting once he starts. I swear he aims for me on purpose.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2005, 09:26:58 am »
OW OW OW OW!!!  and I thought mammograms were tough!!!

I have so many cuts, scrapes, bites  all from Mr. Cowboy!  He doesn't mean to be rough but he's such a klutz from his meds (at least that's my excuse!).  If we're playing fetch, half the time he lunges at the ball but gets my hand instead.  Can we talk about how hard a Newf can bite???   Once he bit through my fingernail...t ook months to heal! Standing on my foot?!!!  I've learned to wear shoes instead of flip-flops!!!  Throwing his head around while playing he got me in the back of the knees and sent me sprawling! 

Chester has learned what fun it is to wake up Mom and Dad every morning.  He jumps up on the side of the bed to give us our morning kisses but those huge paws are tough on the face when you aren't prepared!  My husband has talked about learning to sleep with a football helment on!  That should get the kids talking!!!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2005, 09:30:12 am »
Oh boy, I have a lot, lol.
Kallie has twisted my ankle by pulling me over on a patch of ice I didn't see. Tyrone did the same thing, but he twisted the leash around me and spun me around before I landed, lol.
Sherwen kinda did what Sanity did in the first post. He likes to lift up his paw, and when I reached down to pet him, his paw hit my arm and drew blood. Luckily it was a smaller cut, but it scarred (sort of). It happened earlier this summer, and the scar has been getting smaller and smaller.
The worst had to be when the team swerved once and smacked me into a tree. I cracked a rib a bruised a few.
I've also had the usual, large dogs sitting on feet (painfully, lol), getting slugged in the jaw by a paw, getting knocked into hard surfaces by a happy dog, etc. It's actually kinda funny after it happens, lol.
O.k...I am warped..I think it's  funny while it's happening...lo l!..Is that wierd? :-\ ;D

Chelle
I am LMAO, I am sorry but I am one of those people that 's laughs at these things, I jsut can't help it. I am sitting at work trying to hold back so people don't think I am crazy. But at least when I hurt myself I laugh too.
nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2005, 09:32:14 am »
You guys are cracking me up.

So far I've been pretty lucky with Jack.  I've had split lips from kissing him on the head at the same time he's raising his head to see what I'm doing.  And, of course, the punctured feet from getting stepped on.

Ang, I so know what you mean about the bruised shins.  My mother's 9 month old Doberman head butted me in the shin last month and it still hurts.

Jack has actually gotten most of the neighbors kids more than us.  He's pinned one up against the fence.  "Slapped" one in the eye.  Stepped on all their feet.  But the best one was when my neighbors little boy was playing in my yard.  I have one of those big playhouse things and the kids are always climbing in and out the windows.  Well this little boy was climbing thru the window but kinda got stuck so he's there half in and half out.  With his butt in the air on the outside of the window.  So Jack comes up to him to help and pushed with his nose.  Sent the kid flying into the playhouse.  The little boy comes out holding his "little kahunas" and says "Doggie hurt".

Tina

LMAO ok now tears are coming out my eyes
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2005, 09:33:08 am »
Oh boy, I have a lot, lol.
Kallie has twisted my ankle by pulling me over on a patch of ice I didn't see. Tyrone did the same thing, but he twisted the leash around me and spun me around before I landed, lol.
Sherwen kinda did what Sanity did in the first post. He likes to lift up his paw, and when I reached down to pet him, his paw hit my arm and drew blood. Luckily it was a smaller cut, but it scarred (sort of). It happened earlier this summer, and the scar has been getting smaller and smaller.
The worst had to be when the team swerved once and smacked me into a tree. I cracked a rib a bruised a few.
I've also had the usual, large dogs sitting on feet (painfully, lol), getting slugged in the jaw by a paw, getting knocked into hard surfaces by a happy dog, etc. It's actually kinda funny after it happens, lol.
O.k...I am warped..I think it's  funny while it's happening...lo l!..Is that wierd? :-\ ;D

Chelle
I am LMAO, I am sorry but I am one of those people that 's laughs at these things, I jsut can't help it. I am sitting at work trying to hold back so people don't think I am crazy. But at least when I hurt myself I laugh too.
nina
My husband has bruises from head to toe.  He still plays with the girls without a shirt on.  He looks like he has visited a WWF ringside brothel with all the scratches and foot prints on him.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 09:56:25 am »
Oh my.... woo good laugh eveyone, sorry I know laughign at other peoples pain, but hey I get lots of pain too, and I usually laugh if blood id not invovled. Hmm ok my list of injuries, from Harley she has scratched me in the face with her claws and she has knocked me off my feet a couple of times. From Dilbert.... He bit part of my finger almost off once while I tried to get somthing from out of his mouth as a puppy( damn sharp puppy teeth) When we play sometimes he misses the ball or rope he is trying to get and gets my hand instead. Last winter while on a walk ( before we got the halties) we were walking both dogs and there was patched of ice everywhere, well Dilbert decided to run right on a patch of ice and I got lifted off my feet and landed right on my butt. I just laughed and Dilbert came over to see if mommy was ok. Had a hug bruise on my bum from that. He also likes to run and take my knees out. Last week while getting out of the car ( no halti on) he takes off almost dislocates my shoulder and I fly into the air and land on my knee. I still have the bruise on my wrist from the leash, and my knee is still bruised and sore. But holy crap did I laugh.
So I do get injuries and laugh about them  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 10:11:05 am »
Hee hee!  This thread is so funny!  ;D

Most of the people I work with are not dog people or are little dog people--they just don't understand!  I've taken quite a bit of heat for the big bruises that I always have from Sasha.  Right now, I have a big scratch from my forehead to my cheek (just missed my eye!) from playing a little too rough with Sasha.  We won't even mention the multitude of bruises from the teething/puppy biting.  My coworkers think she's not "properly trained."  :P 

Nikki--Ouch, the nose!!  When I was in high school my family got a golden retriever puppy.  She bit through my nose and ear with her needle-sharp puppy teeth!  I really wanted a nose ring at the time...my parents wouldn't let me, even after the puppy provided the hole for free!  ;)

Especially when they are puppies, I think the bruises are part of the "charm" of the big dogs!  ;D  It's still totally worth it!

Jessica

Anakalia

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005, 11:54:42 am »
Reading all these posts made me think of more injuries.... The most painful of all injuries was about 2 months ago.  Our yard is not fenced in so I put Koby on a cable and stay out there with him while he's doing his business.  I'm always afraid he'll choke himself or something.  Anyway he got wrapped around a deck post so I went to untangle him.  He thought he needed to zoomie out of there and the cable was wrapped around both my legs.  Never fell down but I was left with 2 3in. cable burns on each of my legs.  My legs were on fire for a week!! And now I'm left with BEAUTIFUL burn scars on my legs, very highly visible I might add!

As for someone mentioning "family jewls"  I have to laugh histerically.  Whenever a guy visitors comes to our house we have to inform them to protect themselves.  I think it's Koby's way of greeting, but that's an awfully painful greeting if you ask me!  He's at perfect hieght for that!  Just walks right up to them head down and BAM!  And he's got the Dane Smart Bump too he likes to head butt people with that!  OUCH!  Needless to say we don't have many visitors! lol

Andi

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2005, 12:38:50 pm »
Spike shoves his nose up complete strangers butts as they walk by him when we are out of the street. So when we are home they are easy prey. I am trying to teach him it is rude but he thinks people like it and it is a nice way to get to know someone with out all the idle chit chat. I am forever apoligizing.
Rachael and Spike

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 12:53:55 pm »
Rocco is a butt poker too.
I get a lot of face scratches from Rocco waking me up in the am.  The worst he did was when he was a pup he ripped my nose  with his teeth on accident.  I get some bruises from tripping over them.  I have had a bloody nose and black eye from head butts. 

I consider all my injuries badges of honor.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Kristen

• Ankle Biter
  • Tyrone and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2005, 01:52:14 pm »

As for someone mentioning "family jewls"  I have to laugh histerically.  Whenever a guy visitors comes to our house we have to inform them to protect themselves.  I think it's Koby's way of greeting, but that's an awfully painful greeting if you ask me!  He's at perfect hieght for that!  Just walks right up to them head down and BAM!  And he's got the Dane Smart Bump too he likes to head butt people with that!  OUCH!  Needless to say we don't have many visitors! lol

Andi

I burst into tears from laughing when I got to this, lol. For some reason I laugh when people, including myself, get hurt, lol.
Kristen & The Dog Gang
Sled dogs rule!

Sherwen- Alaskan husky
Tyrone- Alaskan husky
Kaltag "Kallie"- Canadian Inuit dog/Malamute
Jacques- Bichon frise

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2005, 02:17:27 pm »
I have to add my brother-in-law's owwwie.  He was dozing in a camp chair late in the afternoon near a stream up in the mountians and his chocolate lab was tied to the chair.  He was startled awake by a momma bear and baby wandering in to camp and the next sensation was being folded in the camp chair and dragged as the lab went after the bear!  I'm sure it was my bro-in-laws screams that scared the bear...NOT the lab!!!  He was in pain for weeks after that!! ;D

smohr

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2005, 07:14:58 pm »
 :P I have a doozy.  Two years ago, I had finished mowing grass and was watering the flowers off of the back deck while Lady was running her regular circular yard pattern like some demon was chasing her when a very bright flash of lightning hit close to our home, followed almost instantaneousl y by a loud clap of thunder.  Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her racing to the deck, but assuming  :-\  she would choose to climb on any of the steps on nearly 40 feet of deck and not anywhere near me, I kept leaning over the steps watering flowers without a care in the world.  Only when I saw a flash of black totally block my view too late to move, did I realize she had chosen to fling herself into my arms.    ???  I woke up (at least I had my eyes open) 2 hours later, with a steady rain pouring into my face, staggered into the house and went into the bathroom after I realized my mouth had dried blood around it.  In the mirror I saw a bump on my forehead the size of a baseball, both of my front teeth were loose and I could barely move my neck.  I went to look for Lady and she was lying on the deck with a large bump on HER head and wouldn't get up.  She looked as stunned as I was.  My neighbor drove me to the Emergency Room where x-rays showed I had a concussion, had broken the two front teeth and had whiplash in my neck with a cervical fracture in my neck.  I had to have surgery on my teeth, my neck (wearing a collar for 6 months) and Lady had a concussion too.  Sheesh.  Every time after that when it rained with thunder and lightning, I turned on a fan to block the noise.  I was afraid the NEXT time she'd KILL me.... :P   Ohhhh, but I miss her anyway...

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 08:32:39 pm »
You guys are starting to scare me now  :-\.. Bava's just a little fellow
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€