Author Topic: You're Not My Mother  (Read 12821 times)

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
You're Not My Mother
« on: December 09, 2008, 04:05:04 pm »
I think I scared Sadie out of ten years’ growth!!

Tonight was hair dye night for me.  The roots were so bad that my coworkers were starting to call me grandma!  So I’ve got the ancient robe on – the threadbare one used once a month for the dyeing ritual – and some crappy sweatpants and ugly slippers which all add up to a pretty stylish look if you ask me!   ;)  The dye has been applied and now my hair is up in no less than six clippies to keep it from touching anything that wouldn’t look good in medium reddish brown.  I come out of the bathroom to kill time (and why does it seem like time stops when you’re waiting for your dye to set??) and poor Sadie just about jumps out of her skin!  She’s barking and running from me and her fur is all puffed up!   :D :D :D  I finally had to come upstairs to give her a break.

No matter how many times I’ve spoken to her she’s positive that this creature CANNOT be her mom!
Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: You're Not My Mother
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 04:46:21 pm »
Hahaha that is too funny!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 08:44:21 pm »
Naja did the same thing the first time she ever saw me in my motorcycle gear.  Mike and I had just come back from a ride, and I walk up to the door in full leathers, plus my helmet, sunglasses everything.  She went nuts, didn't stop barking until I had the helmet and glasses off.  To this day she doesn't like it when she can't see someones eyes... ::) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GoofyNewfie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 09:11:30 pm »
Our friend's dog has an issue with my husband's cowboy hat. She barks at him and freaks out until he removes it, then the tail wags and all. We thought she didn't like him until he visited without his hat on (which does not happen often).

Diesel, 6 month old Newf.

Tonda

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:15:35 am »
This is totally normal.  ;D  My Rottie did not like anything that obscured the face/head. No hats, hoodies, sunglasses, beards (needless to say, the homeless were pure evil in her world). God forbid you came out of the bathroom with a towel on your head. It was clearly some kind of brain sucking monster and she had a duty to bark until you realized your peril and removed it.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:21:21 am »
HAHAHA They sure don't miss the smallest detail do they! I had my first cold since I got Athena and I swear every time I'd sneeze or cough she's get all nervous to the point she actually went upstairs and got on my bed to sleep. Guess I was disturbing her nap!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 01:29:13 pm »
what an observant pup.  Is Sadie talking to you again yet?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 01:51:16 pm »
That is soooo cute! Strangely enough, Spot never seems to be bothered by anything. I thought he would go nuts the first time I put on a green facial mask in front of him, but he never seems to mind.  ???
Grace didn't like the green face mask I used to use until she licked it and got a nice taste of avacados.  :)  the first time she saw me nekked, she peed on the bed though.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 02:46:22 pm »
what an observant pup.  Is Sadie talking to you again yet?

She seems to have recovered.  Guess she likes the new color!

Viking Lady

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 02:49:03 pm »
Luke doesn't like it when I have a towel on my head either. It also made my grand daughter cry the first time she saw me.

How come my little faces don't work when I click on them?

Offline Rudys mama

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 05:14:01 am »
Reading this  is what made up my mind to join this site...Oh my gosh I never laughed so hard.  I had to join just to tell you how great this post is.... now I'm hooked!
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.  ~Ben Williams

Offline CadillacQueen

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 08:55:00 am »
I left my house with dirty blond hair and came back with a bright purple fringe, black hair and the same bright purple underneath my hair.

My daughter took one look at me and said "MUMMA! Your hair got STOLE-DED" {stolen, I guess}

Shanty would be fine once I was looking at her, but if I turned my back she'd stand really still, head on one side, staring at me.

Meatloaf gave me his opinion.
He pissed himself.
Literally.

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 09:02:23 am »
Meatloaf gave me his opinion.
He pissed himself.
Literally.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline CadillacQueen

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 11:50:01 am »
Yeah, Ursa, it was a nice opinion.

He whined, backed away, hunched over with his tail between his legs and piddled all over the floor.

And he was perfectly happy to be licked on the face by my friend's deformed calf that has an extra leg growing out of it's neck.

What does THAT tell you.  >:(

Offline steve

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 04:14:12 pm »
One time I put a black stocking over my head and walked into the garage where my wife and six month old pyr were sitting. That pyr charged straight for me in a very aggressive manor. I ripped that stocking off and screamed the Pyr's name and luckily he stopped. He was going to attack me and I learned DON'T mess with a Pyr.