Author Topic: Dancing Pyr  (Read 4193 times)

Kiahpyr

Dancing Pyr
« on: August 19, 2005, 07:34:39 am »
I was just wondering if this a pyr thing or if Kiah just loves to dance. This maybe hard to explain so bear with me. I've been trying to video tape her doing this dance, but everytime I get the video camera out she has to come and investigate it. Anyway Kiah will be standing and start pawing at the floor with her two front feet and her head down. All the while swinging her but around in circles and walking sideways. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen! She'll do this for 5-10 minutes. I've also never seen another dog do this before. I will keep trying to get a video of it and will post it if possible. She also does an Elvis impression where she'll cock one lip up when she looks at you. Pyrs are sooo funny!! I just love my big teddy bear!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: Dancing Pyr
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 08:13:53 am »
If it really bothers you, I can come take her away! Please, let me help you!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 08:17:19 am »
LOL that is soo funny, I can say my Pyr has never done that but the lip thing yes, sometimes both lips will be tucked under his teeth and he'll look up at me  ;D My lab does it too.
Please keep trying to capture that dancing on video and post it! I would love to see that

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 08:29:33 am »
You have very beautiful dogs pupdaddy, but she's all MINE!!!!!!! It's just so hillarious!! I laugh everytime I see her do it. I wouldn't trade her for anything in the whole world. Ok maybe lots of money! Just kidding! LOL!

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 08:32:43 am »
Cabeza dances, too. My boyfriend has a song that he sings (DO NOT EVER TELL HIM I TOLD YOU THAT!) It goes like this, "He's a Dancin' Bear, He's a Dancin' Bear. He don't care, no he don't care!" Its really funny! Cabeza stands up on his back legs and like, paws the air. He'll jump up and do it over and over! Its so cute!

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 08:39:02 am »
Oh how funny!

Blizzard has her own "dance" but it's normally when she's very excited about going for a walk or a ride. Tail perks up and curls against her back, ears shift forward and her front paws tap-pitty-tap against the hardwood floor when she sees me heading over with the leash. Just as soon as I reach her she sits right down, tail still up and slowly wagging and she lifts her chin way way up so I can get the hook on better.

The lip-curl thing is done when ever her chest is scratched. My husband calls it "cheesin' out"... he  calls her the BIG cheese.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 08:44:39 am »
LOL these stories are soo funny. My 2 don't dance but they talk when they are excited. Its not a bark but a wooo wooo wooo sound.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 08:55:00 am »
LOL these stories are soo funny. My 2 don't dance but they talk when they are excited. Its not a bark but a wooo wooo wooo sound.

hehehe... all I get for my troubles in a way of talking is a little complaining grumble.

Gently guid her off the couch so someone else can sit there (one couch, 8 people, the math just dosn't include her, sometimes.) and she's mutter . She wont look at anyone, just lower her head and mutter to herself as she walks across the living room and finds a place on the floor to plunk. Sometimes, she'll keep muttering till she gets comfortable again.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 09:12:29 am »
LOL that is soo funny. Harley (Lad/rotti) won't move off the couch, she'll move into her belly rub position with the look on her face of " but I'm so cute please to kick me off the couch, belly rub"
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 09:33:51 am »
LOL that is soo funny. Harley (Lad/rotti) won't move off the couch, she'll move into her belly rub position with the look on her face of " but I'm so cute please to kick me off the couch, belly rub"

Heh heh, Ranger does that too, but he is much more demanding about it - it's more like "Rub It!".  Sometimes he will just drop like rock from a standing position into the "Rub It!" position....

He doesn't really dance, per se, but he does get up on his hind legs pretty often.  Last night when I brought home steak leftovers, we did discover that a 100-lb dog can actually walk on his hind legs for a few feet.  I don't know if that should help ease my mind about his hips, or make me worry even more...   ;D

Cabo would tap-dance with his front feet on the kitchen floor at dinner time or treat time...  His back feet would be relatively still, but his front would shift around with excitement and tap-dance away...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Jen

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 11:09:12 am »
Thunder diffinatly dances with us.  Some times he does the slow dance when he puts his paws on my shoulder and we slow dance and kiss!

Offline Sam

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 07:19:38 pm »
That is so  cool. I wish i could see this. I do know that the Pyr is well known to smile. Sam does smile whenever he is content. I looked into this and i found out that the Pyr does really smiles if content :)