Author Topic: What's in a Name?  (Read 3741 times)

jesday

What's in a Name?
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:45:09 am »
Yea, Sophie is done with her TPLO's and she did fantastic!

I took her in for her final X-ray last week and the lobby was quite busy. A little girl of about 4 was sitting next to her dad. He had a little fuzzy, flop of a dog on his lap.

When Soph and I walked in the little girl's expression was priceless. She turned to her dad and asked, "Is that a dog!?" :o

Her dad told her, "Yes honey, I think it's called a Newfoundland."

"Then why does it look like a monkey?"

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

I can only assume the shaved butt had something to do with her impression.

angelsmama

Re: What's in a Name?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:50:35 am »
little kids can be so funny :P like when i was walking angel a few weeks ago, some little girl had just put her little tiny black fluff of a dog out then saw angel and scooped her dog back up. i said to her "that's a cute puppy you have" her reply? "that big old dog will get my dog"  :D

AudgePadge

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:43:31 am »
awww poor sophie!!! Little monkey butt! hahahha she's too cute

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:22:24 am »
Haahaa, so cute! Poor Sophie, and her shaved butt.. that would be annoying.  ??? Cute kid though, Monkey...  ;D ;D

~Kirsti

Viking Lady

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:44:37 am »
Hehe.......I always thought Newfs had little monkey faces. A little baby gorilla. But,I LOVE monkeys so it's very appealing to me. When I first got on here and saw them with their little afros, my heart melted. Still does.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 02:39:35 pm »
She is an awfully cute baboon!  She does rather have that deer in the headlights look to her.  Perhaps the breezy feeling of being commando spooked her!  ;)  But I still want to snuggle with her.  :-*
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

jesday

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 03:01:22 pm »
I don't know which is a better look for her; African Lioness, Monkey Butt or Jamaican Princess with her crimped wet hair.

Maybe I need that gal who clips Standard Poodles to look like camels to come out and turn her back into a Newf. :D