Author Topic: RIP Bear  (Read 4937 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
RIP Bear
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:54:32 am »
I just got off the phone with my neighbor, the one who had Bear the Great Pyr that he rescued from the Menonites.  Well Terry and I had been going back and forth for quite a while now.  I've been trying to convince my step father to let me take Bear in, or trying to convince Terry to give Bear up to a Great Pyr Rescue.  About 2 weeks ago I was told that Terry had gotten Bear neutered, I was really excited, I thought finally, Bear is going to be taken care of, he's been fixed, Terry is taking responsibility for him.  Today I was talking to Terry and he told me he had to have Bear put down.  He said Bear had become aggressive and had bitten 4 people.  I am heartbroken.  I have so much guilt right now, because I should have known better. I should have taken Bear in as soon as he was neutered.  I know that the problem did not actually lie in Bear,  He would have been kept outside even after the surgery.  His stitches prob. became infected, and he was in so much pain this was the only way he could convey that.  Had he have been kept in a steryl environment, or had he have been put on anti-biotics this wouldn't have happened.  He was a sweet, gentle, wonderful dog.  I feel that Bear was put into my path for a reason, and I let him down.

I'm sorry Bear.  I hope you find peace, and lots of love wherever you are.  :'( :'( :'(

Modified to add some pictures of Bear.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:06:16 am by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Kirsti

Re: RIP Bear
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 08:39:56 am »
Alex, you didn't let him down! RIP Bear!

~Kirsti

jesday

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 09:25:48 am »
Oh, poor Alex. How sad and disheartening. I bet Ruckus was there waiting for him saying, "Here, let me show you around. This is a fantastic place."

No more suffering for Bear.

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:23:08 am »
Awwwww Keep in mind how happy he is in those pics and the fact he got to meet at lest 1 human that was good to him. He is free now and I agree Ruckus was there waiting for him. RIP Sweet Bear!!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties