BPO Training Forum > Behavior, Housebreaking, Obedience

My nemesis: the stairs

(1/3) > >>

RaenaMonster:
So any helpful tips on getting your dog to go up and down stairs?  Started carrying Raena up and down the stairs when we first brought her home (worried about her growing joints, hurting herself etc.). . .but that was 5 months and 65 lbs ago LOL.

Thanks in advance

PS we've tried treats, praise and patience but that's only got us up to first stair

Morweena:
Can't tell you how to fix it but I understand. Ruby isn't as big as a lot of dogs on this board (only 80 lbs) but she has a long back, so she is very ungraceful on stairs.

waffles717:
we used to tell peaple all the time what to do will stair's,we have two saint,we just lost molly to Bloat and are a Getting a male Saint pup,in july,but we know have a Ranch Home,with very little stair's,but what I did in my other home when they where,Ready to walk Down and up,I put them on a leash and walked behind then and showed how to,this would help there museles in there legs,get Stong and in a mo,they would be on there own like training wheels mary lee!!!!! I will be having a new's letter coming out of funny Dog Story's! Look for it!!!

waffles717:
we used to tell peaple all the time what to do will stair's,we have two saint,we just lost molly to Bloat and are a Getting a male Saint pup,in july,but we know have a Ranch Home,with very little stair's,but what I did in my other home when they where,Ready to walk Down and up,I put them on a leash and walked behind then and showed how to,this would help there museles in there legs,get Stong and in a mo,they would be on there own like training wheels mary lee!!!!! I will be having a new's letter coming out of funny Dog Story's! Look for it!!!

vmimom2006:
Athena was 9 months when I got her and she would have nothing to do with the stairs. She got used to walking on the leash so I started using the leash to get her started. She seemed to go with the leash on in the begining. Now she is fine. I also put carpet treads on the stairs so she would not slip as easily.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version