Author Topic: Sore from lying around?  (Read 5856 times)

Gentian

Sore from lying around?
« on: May 26, 2009, 04:04:37 am »
We've had some warmer weather lately, and Bosco has been lying around more than usual. When he gets up, he limps on the side he's been lying on. After a few minutes in the yard, he's fine. He prefers the cool hard floors to the carpet or couch.

Has anyone else noticed this in their large dogs? Should I be concerned? I know I get sore if I stay in bed too long, but I don't want to project that onto him if it could be a bigger issue. My temptation is to increase walks, but if he's sore... I dunno. He's due for a booster soon, so I'll mention it to the vet, but until then...Anyone?

Gentian

Re: Sore from lying around?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 03:50:55 am »
Thanks, I'll check out the cool beds. It sounds right up his alley. :)

Offline LDT

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:58:42 pm »
Is it always the same side that he limps? We had a 2 newfs that did that, they limped for a bit then it went away. Turned out they had a torn cruciate.
I have tried nothing and I'm all out of Ideas!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:10:15 pm »
Is it always the same side that he limps? We had a 2 newfs that did that, they limped for a bit then it went away. Turned out they had a torn cruciate.

Grace used to do that too.  I thought it was her sore from lying down and having a leg go to sleep.  She hasn't done that since her last ACL replacement.  I'd have your vet look at his cruciates.

Offline newfsie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 05:10:18 pm »

Or it could be the start of hipdysplasia.. ........Limpin g after resting is not a good sign. i would make a trip to a ortho vet if possible. preferably one who works with the giant breeds.
I do hope it will all be Ok, Ronnie
Newfsie, from Downunder
owned by Annabelle, Tessa, Nugget and six horses

http//:community.webs hots.com/user/newfs4ever

"Never underestimate the warmth of a cold nos

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 05:53:33 am »
how often do you take go for walks?   activity is great for the body. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:53:49 am by Lin »