Author Topic: New Pictures of ShebaLou & Guinness  (Read 4719 times)

Offline NewfLover

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New Pictures of ShebaLou & Guinness
« on: May 27, 2009, 03:09:27 am »
I know I said I would post some pictures of Sheba & Guinness and have taken forever to get them done but at long last, my beautiful girl and my handsome boy!  Guinness is the landseer/mix.  I couldn't leave out Bella, the St. Bernard either!  Bella has been limping on her right front leg lately and we can't pinpoint it down.  She was diagnosed with Moderate Hip Dyplasia when she was a puppy and will be on Rimadyl for the remainder of her life.  It breaks my heart to hear her cry out when she tries to get up off the floor and she can no longer get up on the bed.  All this and she is only just turning 5!!  Any suggestions, other than Glucosamine?  Someone told me that Fish Oil helps too.  Has anyone heard that one?

???
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard!

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: New Pictures of ShebaLou & Guinness
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 02:41:22 am »
Yucca and hyaluronic acid is also good for inflammation along with the fish oils.  Have you considered Adequan injections?  Given once a month they are like a super glucosamine and only cost about $30.  For some dogs it is like a miracle.  Cheaper than the Rimadyl and safer too.  Long term use of Rimadyl can lead to kidney failure.

Offline NewfieMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: New Pictures of ShebaLou & Guinness
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 09:11:43 am »
What a great looking bunch! You must have lots of love and cuddle in your house! :)

Julie